1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Morey's FB] Day 2 Training Camp Clips

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CertifiedTroll, Sep 25, 2016.

1. rockets13champs

Agreed. Harden can also play 1-4 positions

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Getsum64

Getsum64 Member

Somewhat competent? We are talking about a starting point guard in the NBA, not in high school. PBEV is easily top 5 worst point guard in the league... He played defense 2 years ago but here lately has done anything. Everybody is used to his antics. He's like that kid on the playground that's super hyper and the easiest to make look stupid.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

Did you create this account just to **** on Beverley? All 3 comments saying how bad Pat is. Were you banned before for being Lin only fan and now with site being modernized and IP bans being removed you returned to get banned once again?

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

good seeing early clips, thanks for sharing

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

to be fair, there's a lot of truth in what he says. Is he a worst 5 starting PG in the league? Maybe not, but not that far off. And he is like that super hyper kid. His defense isn't near what it was. I think he spent too much time and effort trying to become a much better different player where he needed to just focus on being solid solid solid.

his 3 point shot has improved a bit though.

pippendagimp likes this.
  8. Getsum64

Getsum64 Member

It's funny to me that on this site people get in their feelings for stating the obvious. I'm not talking about the man character. THIS COMMENT IS STRICTLY BASED ON BASKETBALL. So as a Houston Rocket fan I want the best on the floor. Ban me for my opinion...you're funny guy. And by the way I was and never will be a Lin fan.

9. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

It doesn't matter if Bev is bottom 5 PG or not, what matters is how he works with Harden. And he works better than other point guards who are better would.

10. Getsum64

Getsum64 Member

It doesn't matter? Are you kidding me? And he works better than other point guards who are better would? Did you actually just say that?.....I'm done...lmbo....this can't be real.

11. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

link
    someone is not too impressed by our pg core ... #dshade!

12. hakeemthagreat

James Harden does 95% of the ball handling on this team, as it expected. People saying Bev's the worst starting pg in the league CLEARLY haven't watched a Rocket game in the last 3 years or so. James Harden is the pg of this team. Bev's job is too contain the opposing guard & knock down open 3 pointers, in which he did a great job last year. Bev's still one of the best on the ball defenders at his position

13. Getsum64

Getsum64 Member

14. Getsum64

Getsum64 Member

IF WE HAD A LEGITIMATE ABLE POINT GUARD....JAMES WOULDN'T HAVE TO BE THE PRIMARY BALL HANDLER!!!!!! I'm really confused about what people actually know about basketball. What other point guard in the whole NBA that starts does not bring the ball up the court because someone else who starts does it better?.....NOBOBY!!!!! He is not a starter. You guys are considering his personality instead of his ability....

15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Winning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in practice !

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

D'Antoni said they could practice harder.

Is he learning from McHale?

17. JayZ750

Based on.... ?

Ty Lawson?? Lol. Please.

Sure, Lawson and Harden didn't mesh... largely because Lawson sucked. A LOT.
    It's not like other GMs out there, in a year of ridiculous contracts, were thinking "Lawson is fine, Harden just doesn't mesh well with great PGs. Let's give Lawson some money!". He signed a 1 year just over $1 million deal with the Kings.

Harden played very well with Russell Westbrook.

None of which is to say roster balance isn't important. it certainly is. And for the most part, whether Harden, Kobe, Wade, MJ... many of the great SGs of history had a solid "fit" PG next to them. It'd be nice to try and find Harden a Terry Porter type... but Clyde, and to a larger extent great SGs like Klay, Allen, Reggie fit a different mold of great SGs. Purely catch and shoot or finish guys. Not creators.

So I take your point.

But regardless, PBev is one of the lesser starting PGs in the NBA currently. His defense HAS taken a step back.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yup, and harden's also meshed very well alongside ball-dominant kyrie on team usa. there's a reason the past couple years he's been publicly asking for roster additions to help with ballhandling/playmaking..

19. JayZ750

Yeah, and to take some of the burden of Lawson, too, even though ultimately playing so shitty was on him, last year was one of the worst coached Rockets teams I've seen in my life. Offense, defense, playcalling, sub patterns, you name it.

And it started with training camp, and certainly started with McHale. Fired too early perhaps, just because it was SO early, but definitely deserving to be fired. He was not a great coach, and arguably not even an average coach. And regardless of your thoughts on his in game coaching, I've never seen a worse, more disorganized training camp... even if a lot of players suffered from minor injuries here or there. He had absolutely ZERO plan for Lawson anyway.

I'm not saying MDA is great. Though I have to think his ball movement offense will help. But certainly with the right coaching, Harden would mesh very well with any great PG in the league.... just as he has with Westbrook, or Kyrie, or Lebron did with Kyrie, or Lebron and Wade did with each other (both ball dominant). Clearly a Steph/Klay combo is best - one a higher usage dominant ball handler, the other a superb off the ball cutter, shooter... but two great ball dominant backcourt players CAN work together.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Welcome to ClutchFans. I have a feeling this will be the start of a beautiful friendship between you and Basketballholic.