1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Firefox issue with Images/Tweets

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by batkins, Sep 23, 2016.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I was having some issues posting images using the Firefox browser. I was trying to post this image... https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtDch9PUIAAnywu.jpg. Though when I post it I can only see the text saying IMG with brackets although others can actually see the image just fine. Though when using Firefox I can post an image from a different site such as... http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/091615_hardo.jpg and I can see it just fine. I think it must be because the first image was uploaded through Twitter. I could be wrong. It's just very odd how some images work and others don't. Viewing the BBS through Chrome fixes all these problems however.

I was also having trouble viewing poster's tweets. It just says "Loading tweet..." but the tweet never actually loads. This is only with Firefox though. Works fine in Chrome. It's probably just time to move on from Firefox so it's not a huge deal.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

People still use Firefox?

JK, but yeah it is always a good idea to use the browser with the most market share. Yes, bad for the competitive market, but on the user end you will always have the best compatability

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I put this issue in other threads. Tweets don't load in Firefox private mode. I'm browsing with Opera and Chrome now.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

@batkins has described the same behavior.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Turn off tracking protector.
    Just tested it.

EDIT: Picture posted for testing purposes.
    Just installed Firefox to test and I'm able to see this just fine. No IMG tags.
    Are you on the stable verison of FF? Non-private mode? Have you updated your browser to the latest stable version? Maybe a conflict with one of your addons? Considering Firefox's native tracking blocker in private mode conflicts with some of the site's functionality, check to see if you have any tracking blocker or 'do-not-track' addons or even an adblocker that could be conflicting.

[​IMG]

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No problem with images and videos. Just tweets. I'll test if it goes with track blocking.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yep, that's it. Turned off Tracking Protection and the tweets loaded. So I guess Twitter tracks.

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

The sad truth is if you're strongly against being tracked in the virtual world, then you probably need to stop using the internet.

The Tor Browser along with a VPN might be something to look at if its really important to you.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am trying out Opera developer's version. It comes with a free VPN. Not sure how good it is.

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Any free VPN is gonna be useless if you are worried about doing anything that could be considered illegal. They will hand over their logs to authorities without a second thought.

The fairly popular and most trusted from what I found when I researched this a while back is https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ . Reasonably priced and easy to setup. It's what I use

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not trying to do something "illegal" in the sense of something that would be prosecuted. Just want to jump over walls that block sites by some countries.