1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Angels @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 22, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Another choke job in the finals innings. Typical

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Texans started this s***

I recall that conversation.

What a horrible 3 days for the city... and years before too.

3. E-Man

E-Man Member

I'm done. To go 5-1 on the last road trip feeling good coming home to play scrub teams and instead the Astros decide to sh*t themselves out of any wildcard spot.

This whole season has been one total cluster f*ck!

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Hinch has to be gone. I see no way that he sticks around. They have quit on him. He gives no direction at all.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Whelp...there were some fun times during this season....highs...and really low lows.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. cardpire

cardpire Member

the players love him! he dealt with injuries the latter part of the season!

8. E-Man

E-Man Member

I just hope the Rangers don't win the World Series this year. I rather have the Cubs or Red Sox win it instead but not the Rangers.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

ANYONE except the Rangers.

Look out though, Gomez is .870 OPS.... smdh

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

What? You shouldn't concern yourself with who wins championships. You shouldn't have any expectations. Life is way better when you never do. Free your mind. And not all teams win championships so you should be totally content. The Astros franchise history is good enough. Just be satisfied. See you next year at Sheriff Blaylock's!!!

11. Remix

Remix Member

Came within 1 game of the 2nd wildcard spot to only lose 3 in a row at home vs a team the Astros have handled this year. Sigh

12. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

For all the hell Drayton took, he never fielded a minor league level payroll. But when you intentionally suck long enough you create enough ambivalence and apathy that you can get away with it.

Hustle Town likes this.
  14. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

way to go astros

15. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

In the end we arent going to limp into a WC game without our top 2 starters. Hopefully not making the playoffs will allow Luhnow to add a decent amount to the payroll. Need to add a good starting pitcher or 2 , a everyday player at first base, and one starting outfielder. Thought Reed might get a shot for the job next year, but his lack of AB's show the little confidence Hinch has in him. I think looking into a trade for Archer, try and sign Encarnacion for first, and see if you can get Dexter Fowler to come back to man center would be some nice pickups.

RF-Springer
    LF-Bregman
    2B-Altuve
    SS-Correa
    1B-Encarnacion
    3B-Gurriel
    C-Gattis
    CF-Fowler
    DH-Marwin or one of many

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Turned down some badass free tickets tonight because I knew my body couldn't handle it

17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I just don't know what to say about this team. It's always something...

18. ApuN

ApuN Member

Get Hinch the hell outta here

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Don't think we are making the same mistakes we made last year though. No longer see those mental errors. last year where we couldn't seem to correct problems all year. I mean we had major bullpen issues, we were throwing the ball all over the field, and swinging at everything out of the zone. This year he team resolved a lot of that. While still inconsistent, the lows and highs felt more even keeled and less frustrating. This go we simply lacked pitching. We didn't lose because of our mentality. We lost because we just weren't as good. But see that as a fixable problem with some additions and health. So I'm actually very happy with how they played. I was never at the point were I just wanted to throw the television out the window and watch it fall 13 stories as I was last year.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You see what an established guy with solid MLB-level skills like Gurriel can provide... and the only hope is that the front office realizes that they just can't afford to waste the ultra-cheap/prime years of the Altuve/Springer/Correa/Bregman quartet with guys who are either unknowns, toolsy, experimental, or have significant deficiencies that only get masked thanks to obscure statistical oddities that only the true sabermetrics can appreciate.

The White/Reed fiasco at 1B was every bit as bad as the Chris Carter fiasco. They both fit the bill of the afore-mentioned latter categories. The Rasmus tender ended up being a huge blow... not simply because of the flat dollar figure, but because of the undeserved playing time it literally bought him. In many ways, they dodged a bullet by not signing him to a multi-year deal. Prior to his injury, Valbuena was on an upward trend.... but didn't completely wipe out his horrible start that this team can't afford to have. Gattis being able to catch games (and produce offensively in those games) was helpful... but not having any other viable DH options still had him pencilled in the lineup in a ton of games.