1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Atlanta

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by glad_ken, Sep 6, 2016.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I think that would be a mistake I mean the setting and the characters are interesting enough to really kind of dive into... I have a hard time staying invested in shows in which every episode is its own thing if that makes sense.

Just the entire vibe of the show makes you think hey this should be going somewhere but if they are just going to make it a sitcom what's the point??

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I thought the plot was for Glover to find a way to better his life through the music industry?

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I've never heard of this. Is it really that good? Would some of you say you have bias? Hip hop or Urban lifestyle influenced type of show? I've never seen anything with Donald Glover in it other than The Martian in which i thought he was horrible. He can't act worth a damn with his jittery movement and tries too hard to be quirky. Just watched part of this Atlanta trailer and he's acting the exact same way.

Is it anything like Aziz Ansari's Master Of None(finding work as an Indian actor)? I love Louis(finding love again), and someone said it's like that but with minorities. I can dig that. So what is the real main theme of Atlanta? If it's gangs, making it out of the hood, white racism, tension with cops as the main theme, i'm over that and have no interest.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Better than MON and Louie, in my opinion. Each episodes is shot and looks like a movie. High production value.

Caesar likes this.
  6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I would say the main theme is the whacky world of the Atlanta Rap scene... Plus just everyday hood stuff hahah

Caesar likes this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wait I watched all 4 episodes and never caught Erns back story. Where did it say he went to an ivy league school?

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

When paperboi is Talking to Erns dad about ern becoming his manager he says "whatever happened with Princeton?" And his dad says "I didn't ask"

Its also mentioned once before that but I'm not sure where

9. 713

713 Member

Paperboy asked Ern when they were smoking on the couch in the 1st episode with Darius.

10. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

This fool i ain't seen in about 11 years...
    (Language NSFW)

donkeypunch likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hilarious

Rocket River

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This and Better Things are 2 of the best new shows this season. FX keeps doing great things...

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

And the new AHS is pretty good so far too... FX trying to be the new AMC

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

AMC was the new FX.

15. RightTooCensor

The pace of the show is perfect.

In reality, guys like Paper Boi don't become overnight millionaires out of the blue. Opportunities to become rich are rare, so I expect the main plot to drag on for multiple seasons where near the end you'll either see Paper Boi & co. either rich or dead, but for now the guys are just living life either trapping or being broke.

16. MystikArkitect

Black Justin Bieber.

Shooting a dog target.

Corporate enemies.

This show. It's good.

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

I binge watched to catch up. Pretty funny show, every episode has made me laugh. I'll continue to watch it.

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The Episode 4 was the funniest so far. Great show. I used to live in ATL. They haven't really shown any of the major highlights of the city. I figure it is basically depicting South ATL.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

"... we're friends now." - roll credits.

Lulz.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

A whole show without the main character in a significant role. This show keeps getting better. I did miss Dareus doe...