1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I thought this was an interesting stat from 411 I read

that is nuts.....

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

He wanted to be on smackdown in the first place. He could say he wants a lesser title on the better show because the universal title is full of politics and not about wrestling. Roman is doing almost the same thing, trying to get in line for the universal title while being the #1 contender for the US title.

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

SD is not the better show. Its AJ Styles in the main event and really no one else thats new and can hang with AJ. Seriously Gable & Jordan are probably #2 &3 in terms of real working talent on SD

I'm not dogging SD because they do have AJ, Alpha, Becky, Bliss, Usos but other than that it's just very vanilla

I'd rather see Cesaro going up against Lesnar, Rollins, Owens, Zayn, Balor, Neville, Y2J, Rusev, etc than Apollo Crews, Corbin, The Miz & Ziggler for the IC Title

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

My main concern with Smackdown is that there doesn't seem to be enough talent at each level to to move on to new feuds once the current ones are over. At the top you have AJ, Cena, Ambrose, Orton and that's it. I mean, they had Ziggler wrestling for the championship when AJ-Cena was concluding because there was no one else.

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

SD is really going to need Nakamura, Joe, Roode too make a competitive run at the guys on RAW. Same with Aries, Dillinger, Almas, etc for the IC Title. Revival v Alpha, Asuka, Ember Moon too give Becky Lynch the kind of match she deserves

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  6. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Usos/American Alpha is probably the only potential title fued deserving of a title change. I think that shows the major lack of depth on that roster

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Great Cesaro/Seamus match. It's crazy how much better the matches have been when it started off so meh.

8. Amir's Johnson

I'll give the show a 5/10

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Really garbage ppv.

Cesaro vs Shamu best match. Says a lot. Rollins vs Owens was okay but eh.

Everything else was forgettable. Not liking raw at all. Smackdown is definitely superior.

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Felt like an upper tier Raw main event.
    I only watched the beginning of Ride Along but it was really good. Ripping on Byron is as sure a thing as the football hitting moleman in the groin.

11. VanityHalfBlack

That ending was beyond r****ded. @Dave2000 what you think of TJP debut? Although sloppy on some spots, I thought he did pretty well on the big stage. Hope they showcase him more on Raw like they do with all their champions?

vinsensual likes this.
  12. VanityHalfBlack

No mention of TJP's theme music? If you grew up old skool with the nintendo power you know what I'm talkin bout! That's a theme I want!!!

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Overall OK. Jericho beating Zayn clean was odd. Tag title match was decent. Shaemus/Cesaro was good but the ending left a bad taste (and holycrap Cesaro was this close to breaking his neck on that suicide dive). Women's triple threat was inferior to any Charlotte/Sasha match we've seen. Cruiserweight match wasn't the best as far as showcasing the new champ. That was my first time seeing him and I wasn't overly impressed.

Rollins/KO was good. I guess they couldn't have KO lose the title so quickly or have him defeat Rollins clean so I get the logic, but the ending of the match was a bit underwhelming.

14. Dave2000

He did ok, felt like they wanted to get Kendrick over as a heel rather than showcasing TJP, that entrance was amazing though

Btw, they are doing too much with the purple theme, change the buckles and ropes just for 1 match?

PPV overall was ok, had potential but just didn't deliver just like Summerslam did

What the hell are they going to do with Sami? He had an epic win vs. KO at Battleground, demoted to pre-show, loses cleanly to Jericho, he's basically Tyler Breeze since promoted to main roster. I really hope this leads to a KO match by Royal Rumble.

#4914 Dave2000, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  15. SK34

SK34 Member

It was alright.

I didn't watch Shemus vs Cesaro although many said it was the match of the day. They didn't build up that fued to well for me to get invested in it. They might make these two a tag team.

The women's champion out did Sasha and Bayley. She looked like a champion.

Rusev should've looked strong, the dude looked so weak. I don't mind roman reigns winning matches, I just hate the fact that he is shown as super man, like the other superstars can't even get some offense in at times just so Roman can look like a monster.

Seth Rollins- KO match was good. I enjoyed it. Good story telling and I think Seth Rollins is gonna go blame Stephanie for bringing the ref in late or etc.

Cruiser weight match was boring. That theme though!! They really should have TJP come out at least on raw.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Anyone have a gif or clip of the gutbuster that injured Rollins? I can't remember it.

17. Dave2000

I believe it happened here, didn't look right when I saw it live, he was holding his ribs pretty much the rest of the match, major props for him finishing the match

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah that was brutal. Not sure how you can do that without breaking a guy's ribs.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The purple was just a wrap over the regular ropes. Someone posted a video where they just peeled off the purple like duct tape and it only took a minute. Simple solution, and I like keeping to a color theme since they're making all the titles look so similar now.
    Great avatar, nobody mentioned her new entrance either last ppv.

Jericho has had a hell of a 2016. Besides killing the out of ring segments, he now has wins over AJ, Enzo & Cass, and Sami.

20. VanityHalfBlack

For the love of god, please don't let Cena become 16X world champion or whatever it is. Please!!