1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apple September 2016 Event

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HR Dept, Sep 7, 2016.

1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

figure this is best place of any to post rather than start a new thread...

so...in advance of me getting my iphone 7...i was wondering if there was a way to setup a reminder/event in the calendar app on a rotating schedule.

what i mean by that is...essentially i have an event/reminder say on a monday...the following week i need that same reminder but on that tuesday...then the following week on that wednesday...following week thursday...etc.

this way i don't have to type it in individually for every week, which would save some time haha

is that possible? i haven't had an iphone since the 4...but my current smartphone calendar app doesn't seem to be able too.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely possible. Repeat every 8 days would achieve what you want.

3. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

i don't have an iphone to look at...thats an option in the iOS calendar though?

4. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Yeah its an option. When you go to set the event to repeat, there is an option called "custom" which lets you do something like an 8 day schedule.

5. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

It's for any. I'd go sell the 6+ for $400, buy an iPhone 6 for $300 and trade that in.

Do leave money on the table.

The carriers just give your $650 in trade in credit towards any of the new iPhone 7

6. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

So I was going to buy it outright since my work gives me a $350 credit for buying a new phone. Then I heard that if you trade in a iphone 6 you get a $650 credit with ATT? So here is my plan and let me know if it is flawed...

Go to Craigslist and buy an iPhone 6 for like $300 and then take that to the Apple store and receive the $650 credit and then use my work's credit for $350 to get the $919 iphone want. This way I only paid $219 for a brand new since and since I am going to stay on AT&T for 2 more years I don't care about being locked in.

$1,000 in credits
    -300 spending on used phone
    -919 for new phone
    Total balance left for me is $219.

Good idea or am I missing something?

7. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

You can get the phone at the Apple store but you have to get it on AT&T Next and your credit comes monthly for the next 24 months (They aren't going to give you a lump sum of $650). You then have to go to an AT&T store to process your trade-in of the iPhone 6. You won't get the credit until the 3rd month (You'll get either 21.67 X3, or 27X3) depending on whether you signed up for Next 30 installments or Next 24

8. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I have no idea if they'll stack the credits. I suspect they might though. But your plan of buying a used iphone and trading it in will work. I did that with TMobile.

9. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Well my employer would just send me the cash.

10. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

This is probably a good place to ask. Does anyone know whether Apple will update Retina iMac this year? My patience is wearing thin.

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I don't think that it would be unreasonable to expect a refresh in October or late Spring 2017.

12. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Anyone having bluetooth issues with the iPhone 7 and their car? I have an Audi and the bluetooth keeps disconnecting or when I try to play a song from my playlist on the Audi dashboard, it won't play the song i'm selecting but instead it'll play a random song out of the playlist. Is there any fix to this?

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

In my experience, it's usually caused by the receiving hardware needing an update. I've had similar issues in the past with Bluetooth headphones and the Pioneer deck in my truck.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The big controversy now seems to be a "hissing" issue with the new processors when running CPU intensive apps, like games or video. It's not clear how many phones are affected.

Also, the adapter to plug in your ear pods will stop working shortly after the screen shuts off...something about idle screen activity disabling the lightning port. Apple is aware and working on a software fix.

Hmm.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yes, repeat every 8 days.

The trick I find most useful with calendar/reminder stuff is Siri. Its so much easier to input that stuff by just asking Siri to do it.

16. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Do you think it would be car's hardware even if I never had a problem with the bluetooth with my iPhone 6?

17. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

what apps is everyone using on the iphone these days? looking at maybe trying that mint app...any other must haves that you guys would recommend?

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Any ideas on when a new Macbook Pro will be released? Im in the market for a laptop...if it's something that will be released in the next month or so, I'll wait...but I cant wait more than a few months.