1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BBALBREAKDOWN: Why Yao Ming is a in Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I have seen well over 350 games played by Yao.

I have seen more then 300 games played by Howard.

Yao Ming was a better player all around.

People forget just how good he was.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

JVG did make Yao a post up monster. It was kind of a two-edged sword. He insisted to have Yao stay down low and get force fed. The problem was, it was so one-dimensional teams quickly learned how to stopped him by denying the entry pass with fronting.

I do wish that JVG had Adelman's offensive mind to use diversions to get the ball to Yao.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yup. front yao.

i would have liked to see rudy t develop him.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was a rockets fan when you were in diapers - a truer fan than your attention whoring get-up.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

newyorker = banned from clutchfans for not being real and true
    he trolls so much they could have a whole world of warcraft movie about him

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

you're funny. Immature but definitely funny. Have a nice night Tinny.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm a real Rockets fan who always remembers why Clutch built this site, can you say the same? every millisecond, I remind myself about it.
    When you think about something to troll, I've already reminded myself 500 times why Clutchfans was created.

It's a strange to slight Dwight on this thread, we were never going to trade Yao for Dwight.
    Yao clearly proved his worth as a Rocket, can't be said about the others that played with him.

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets...-Howard-happy-for-Yao-Ming-s-Hall-7220397.php

Yao was there to greet Howard to the team, Yao was ALWAYS ABOUT THE ROCKETS and NEVER ABOUT HIMSELF

[​IMG]

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yao was really good..I wouldn't say "great"...well sometimes he was great. He had some serious limitations and ultimately he couldn't stay healthy which is probably the most important factor when it comes to performing on any level. It was awesome to watch him play when he was on his game.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think he got in because of his impact on the game overall plus he might be the most skilled 7+ foot player in basketball history. You don't see a big man with that kind of a jump shot.

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I would say Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was as or more skilled.

11. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I always enjoy Coach Nick's breakdowns, but I wish he had at least touched on Yao's amazing free throw shooting. I still can't believe that the Rockets used a freaking center to shoot their technical free throws while he was with the team.