1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Suits

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vstexas09, Jul 29, 2011.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Mike getting out early really bugs me. I don't buy all the tears. He was in Jail for what seemed like a weak PLUS he got out early before getting out early to see Rachel! Mike needed to do the full 2 years...

I read they were actually going to kill Gina Torres off. I'm glad they didn't. Maybe they can bring her back. Her leaving is going to hurt the show IMO. The story lines have been trash for a couple seasons now, what keeps me coming back are the characters. Jessica was my favorite character...

If they killed her off they said they were going to do a time jump (they wont now). This show needs a time jump in the worst way. I love time jumps

Donna being a super hero is still fun. In past seasons they would actually show her sometimes performing her magics. Now they ask Donna to do something and the next scene she has already done it. I don't mind it though I think it's hilarious.

2. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yeah, they made it too easy, thus unbelievable. I'll still keep watching though.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This show probably has about another season left. Season 6 to me wasn't all that great.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I thought this would be the last one but they renewed it for Season 7. I think it should be it; there is nothing else for Mike at this point really

5. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Man, I can't get over how terrible the whole Lewis story line has been. He has become a cartoon character.
    He falls for some girl super quickly, fakes having a villa, becomes a side piece, gets the girl, plans to raise some other dudes baby, and proposes to a girl within like 2 weeks or some ****...dude has some major issues...

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

Season 6 was boring.
    It was good enough to keep watching but everything felt so cliche and blah.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't care for the Jessica character. Before this Innocence project arc, she has just been the character who sits in her office and tells people to "get it done." Sure she's the boss and does what bosses do, but people are complaining about the character development of Donna?

Before this season, have we ever seen Jessica defend someone in court, or do something other than go to another firm with a folder and have a dialogue with someone? At least we've seen Harvey and Louis in the courtroom many times; I feel like this is the first time I've seen Jessica in a courtroom, actually defending a client.

This is exactly why Donna needs to be more fleshed out. She had great character development in the first few seasons, but it's been pretty bland afterwards.

Are you new to Suits? That's the essence of Louis. Impulsive-with-a-heart-of-gold. The willingness to raise another man's baby because he loves a woman that much, IS Louis.

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Thought this season was terrible. Probably the worst out of all the seasons. I'll be shocked if they get picked up for another season after they complete season 6 next year. It's been a good run but I don't see a lot of areas for development. Just a lot stale with the show.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Already has been renewed for a season 7

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Ah crap, didn't know that had been announced.
    Well I guess we'll see where Korsh takes it too next. I'm not optimistic.

But hey, the music supervisor/editor(s) are still slaying it.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

My bad, spoiled for unintended wall of text. TL;DR: Jessica had some good character development we probably just forgot; takes with her 80% of the cakes and curves.

First couple of seasons we find out she blackmailed the original managing partner to the other partners to ascend to head of the firm. She had to fight for it when the guy came back.

We find out her husband divorced her because she was too ambitious (or something like that). She had to represent him and his girl friend in a case.

The mutual respect Rachel's dad and Jessica shared was great to watch. (Another relationship not based on romance or an affair, but probably would have made for a tremendous storyline!)

Last season, or season before last, she had a really good arc with the bald head SEC Lawyer. It's the reason I've soured on Mike and want him to go to jail for the duration of the show. Because of Jessica's extreme loyalty to Mike, Harvey, she almost tanked her love life and lost her firm.

She has a fine ass sister too. No one remembers Jessica's fine ass sister?
    [​IMG]

I don't think Jessica needs to be in the court room to show her value to the show. Her character development (besides the recent daddy issues stuff that was shoe-horned in this season) has been sprinkled in throughout her 6 seasons. If feels like we don't know much about her because they would talk about what she did, or who she has dealt with, instead of showing us like they do with Mike and Harvey.

(This show is really talky all of a sudden too. It wasn't like that in the first couple of seasons. I enjoyed the B story lines with Mike's best friend and his best friend's girl he secretly had a crush on)

A black woman as the head of one of the most powerful law firms in the city is pretty cool. The fact that her relationship/mentorship/friendship with Harvey wasn't romantic was great. She had many of those characteristics you would think would be found in a male character (her character was written for a man), but they made sure she remained feminine. Jessica was a great character.

I miss Jessica already! Her departure wouldn't sting as much if we still had season one, big booty, ambitious, Rachel. Rachel has lost too much weight.. Jessica takes with her 80% of the cakes and curves..

furthermore, gawd damn :eek:
    [​IMG]

ferrari77 likes this.
  12. MSBRockets

MSBRockets Member

I'm more excited about the next season than I have been in awhile. Moving forward there isn't a lot of drama pending with the real main characters - Mike & Harvey. They work great together and others feed off. Let them go work their magic in a court room with fun cases.

What will be the main storylines?

Obvious option 1: Luis and Harvey are the named partners. They have all the responsibility now and have to work together. The avenues with this are endless.

Obvious option 2: The Luis debacle. Power versus family. Something all lawyers struggle with. Where will that play when he has to play the "Jessica" role? Could go either way. Obviously, him turning and going towards the power hungry scum of the earth attorney is most predictable, but.. it seems it always end with him being family oriented.

Where the show can win: Mike character as a consultant needs to have an entertaining twist. What the show does with Mike will make or break next season. There needs to be a storyline with him that doesn't involve Rachel. Hopefully Mike isn't a background consultant to Harvey and Rachel.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I guess if you still have Harvey and Donna there's a chance, but losing Rachel, Mike, Jessica.. LOL USA does know the strength of this show was the cast not the stroylines right? Dule Hill was annoying as a guest star now he is a regular.. uh oh

just end the show! USA should have ended the show with Mike going to Jail.. Suits has been trash since Jessica left anyway... maybe even before that.

(Yes I still watch suits, don't judge me)

ferrari77 likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I do too but that's only because Harvey is a good looking guy(no homo), because of Meghan and Katrina, and I put in so much time already

DreamShook likes this.
  17. Fantasma Negro

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agree it should have ended when Mike went to jail. The jail plot tarnished the show for me. I stopped watching after a couple of episodes this last season.

Losing Rachel is no big deal. Losing Jessica and Mike is fatal.

It was very good for a time.

DreamShook and Sajan like this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

I don't know about this, she kinda sucks

arkoe likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

waytookrzy079 likes this.