1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

The UFC thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dragician, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Like you said, he's always entertaining, but he's certainly not one of the best fighters in the UFC. His hands are explosive and at 145 and maybe even 155 he has knockout power but at 170 he just doesn't have what it takes to knock out the big guys.

I'd love to see Conor McGregor against Khabib Nurmagomedov at 155. It would very likely end the BS surrounding him.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Apparently the word is Dana wants him to fight Eddie Alvarez at 155 next or Aldo and wants nothing to do with ending the trilogy. For Dana that makes sense. Diaz is just going to further expose the guy and he sells fights. Hate to suggest he's protecting Connor but if Connor wants the trilogy and is willing to drop his belt to do so then it looks like he's protecting the guy.

Also, judging from his last press conference after the fight he seems to be dodging Aldo, a bit hypocritically too. Diaz embarrassed Connor and Connor got his revenge, only fair for Aldo to get a shot at his. At least I'd like to see it. Aldo dominated that division for a long time I want to see if Aldo can play more to his strengths instead of trying to knock him out in one punch, if Connor wants to stay at 145 he has to fight Aldo next.

3. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

What exactly is the BS surrounding him? He destroyed the 145 division. They said wait till you put him the cage with a wrestler, he finishes the best wrestler in the division, wait till the 145 goat gets his hands on him, he starches him in 30 seconds, they said he'd have no chance in the rematch against Diaz and won decisively.

Obviously 170 is not his division and he doesn't even walk around at that, he came in at 168. Everyone in the UFC cuts 15-20+ pounds, 155 is much closer to his natural fighting weight class. The guy obviously has flaws but he is a hell of a fighter and will be hell for the 155ers, don't see him competing at 170 again unless its one of these last second replacement fights.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The hype. I'm talking about the hype. He walks around in the 170 division weight class, he has to cut to get to 155 and massively cut to get to 145.

What he has going for him is that he's an unorthodox striker and at 145 he has knockout power. Now, does he have knockout power at any other weight class? That'll determine if he has a future.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

McGregor's style tires him out. That doesn't mean he has horrible cardio. If anything he has average cardio for a UFC fighter. Whereas Diaz has some of the best cardio out there anywhere. I believe before the last fight he was training for a triathlon.

6. dragician

dragician Member

just one leg kick on Floyd he'd round around the canvas.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Seriously. I would love to see that loudmouth get in the ring one time in the UFC, just so I could see him get the **** knocked out of him cause he wouldnt be able to just bob and weave the whole time.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If GSP is really coming back and he said he can fight at 155, set up GSP vs McGregor and have the UFC make all the money. Like all of the money ever.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/UFCVancouver?src=hash">#UFCVancouver</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/PaigeVanzantUFC">@PaigeVanzantUFC</a> with the , &quot; how does my foot taste in your mouth karate kick, <a href="https://twitter.com/BrianStann">@BrianStann</a> <a href="https://t.co/7cS57r62jL">pic.twitter.com/7cS57r62jL</a></p>&mdash; MMAfiend (@joshgibbs513) <a href="https://twitter.com/joshgibbs513/status/769702757897015296">August 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Chamillionaire

11. Chamillionaire

Maia is gonna sub Condit.

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

My money is on Condit. Well rounded and I don't think he will let Maia take him down and keep him there.

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

:confused:

Wow. I stand corrected. Condit doesn't want to fight anymore and Maia is on a serious roll.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Rich Piana Vs. Muscle Prophet is going to be one the best and most watched fight in the history of UFC.

15. Chamillionaire

Maia is a wet blanket.

Woodley vs. Maia
    Thompson vs. Maia

Gonna be another good fight either way.

16. Beavis Stiffler

My predictions for tonight's fights:

Overeem via TKO

Werdum via decision

And finally, I'm a wrestling fan but Mickey Gall via submission. I just hope CM Punk can put a better performance than James Toney.

17. Chamillionaire

18. Chamillionaire

I see Werdum and Overeem winning too. CM Punk has no chance.

19. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

any other links