1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apple September 2016 Event

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HR Dept, Sep 7, 2016.

1. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Batteries and RAM are irrelevant for iOS. This isn't Android where you have to pack on hardware to improve the device. iOS has always had smaller batteries and RAM and yet can easily keep up with Android flagships that have double the specs.

I do agree on expandable storage and the screen resolution. I'm indifferent on the 3.5mm jack.

2. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is disappointing, but not nearly as disappointing as this news, right?

Another black. Just great!

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

They should've just announced it all today. I don't know what the point of waiting is. Whether it gets released at a later date isn't going to matter. Feels like I've been waiting two years for a Skylake Macbook Pro.

4. hlcc

hlcc Member

Don't really care about the resolution. I've always used both iPhone & Android at the same time (currently iPhone 6S Plus & Axon 7). Unless my eyes are literally right next to the screen & looking extremely hard, I can't tell the difference between a quality 1080P screen or quality quad HD screen on a cell phone.

iPhone always had a smaller batteries than its Android counterparts, but it's battery life have always been exceptional (6S Plus have better battery life than it's Android contemporaries, S6 Edge, S6, Note 5, LG G4, etc)

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Re: bluetooth headphones

Thanks guys!

6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Are you saying that Apple's charging port can be used for audio as well?

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Batteries and RAM are very relevant to those who treat it more like a mini PC over a pretty ipod.

Android attracts power users who used every bit of power the phone can provide. The vast majority of iPhone users do not use the phone to is full potential. Considering, I do not understand why iPhone uses upgrade to the latest new phone.

8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

"Courage"

lmao

9. SunsRocketsfan

You may have a point on the RAM/processor specs. But it's also because the iphoen doesnt need to drive that 2K display.

But the edge 7 battery blows away the iphone and gets way more usage time.

10. SunsRocketsfan

it's not just resolution but display quality. I would agree apples IPS LCD's were on par with Samsungs display up to the S5. After that the S6, S6 Edge, S7, S7 Edge, the exploding S7 note all have far superior displays than any iPhone.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

U got to realize the iPhone 7 is a stop gap. The iPhone 8 next year will have the OLED screen...higher res., iris scanning, redesigned body...no home button. Apple A series CPU are the best mobile processors...period.

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As I type this from my 2012 MBP, I hope courage is emblazoned across Apple's tombstone. They have completely given up on the computer market in favor of smartphones without headphone jacks.

13. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

was a second camera really needed for depth of field pics? :confused:

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Apple is at a serious risk of stagnating the product. People have been complaining for the past 3-4 years of incremental upgrades. Samsung has established a foothold in the premium market.

The danger of a stagnating product is Apple will struggle to meet profits. If profits are not met, investors are unhappy. This leads to Apple cutting back on quality of the product designs and pushing out lower quality product lines. For the novice user, they know they are buying an quality product no matter what iteration it is. Android has struggled with this as most Android phones are crap. Android also doesn't care.

Samsung is innovating. Apple is not. For every new idea Apple comes up with, Samsung or another competitor beats them to market. If Apple does not come up with a way to shore up their base, it will slowly bleed off to the competitors.

Additionally, people are going to start holding onto their phones longer and longer. The improvements are becoming less and less.

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Take a look at this dongle. You'll need it to use your old headphones with the new <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/iPhone7?src=hash">#iPhone7</a> <a href="https://t.co/HybYQBy0Ev">pic.twitter.com/HybYQBy0Ev</a></p>&mdash; Rich DeMuro (@richdemuro) <a href="https://twitter.com/richdemuro/status/773682811240710146">September 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like all Apple cords this will likely be a source of failure when the cord frays.

17. Dei

Dei Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. mclawson

mclawson Member

I've been using a set of Jaybird X2 headphones for a couple of weeks now and love them. It takes a bit to get the proper fit with the 6 included styles of tips and 3 sizes of ear fins, but once you do, they sound great and don't move it all. I've worn them while working out, running, and doing work around the house and yard and they've been perfect for me so far. I found them cheap on amazon for like $70 (and they've not even counterfeit!) and am glad I pulled the trigger.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Still no fast charge technology? I can't give up being able to charge my phone to usable levels in just 15 minutes.

20. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Yet Apple chips in iPhones are best in the business and are destroying the competition.