1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Dwyane Wade's cousin killed in cross-fire in downtown Chicago.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Aug 26, 2016.

1. hakeemthagreat

In all due respect, I don't think you fully grasp the african american vs police brutality issue in this country. The police were originally created to patrol slaves & put fear in black ppl. It's ALWAYS been a race issue with police & black ppl. Not all police are racist. But when a cop can shoot & kill a 12 yr old black kid holding a toy gun (within 2 seconds), or kill a black man holding a air gun in a Wal-Mart, and not be held accountable whatsoever, then it's clear to me the system allows cops to kill black ppl with impunity. Thats a serious issue that should be addressed.

Bringing up Ferguson confirms to me you no clue what you're talking about. You

2. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

It amazes me that trump would use Wade's cousins death to push his fake propaganda. I would deck him in the face if I was wade. Meet up him up pretending you are going to do some kind of event on live tv and then pow right in this kisser.

3. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Trump is an A-hole. Its a disgrace that he's even running for the presidency.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>BREAKING: 2 brothers charged in murder of Nykea Aldridge, the cousin of NBA star Dwyane Wade - Chicago police <a href="https://t.co/Aba0EEAy4Y" title="https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/769906769132974080/photo/1">pic.twitter.com/Aba0EEAy4Y</a></p>&mdash; BNO News (@BNONews) <a href="https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/769906769132974080" data-datetime="2016-08-28T14:37:32+00:00">August 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

With* all due respect, I don't think you even remotely grasp the issue. It's probably because you aren't well versed in reading scholarly sources, or because you refuse to. Hopefully the former.

I'm just going to ignore the whole "the police were created to put fear in black people," because police were around in this country before black people ever set foot on the shore.

With that said, do you remember any details about the last white guy that was murdered by police? If you don't, it's probably because you are only focusing on blacks that are murdered, which is incredibly racist.

But it's okay. Anyone that can read a statistics chart knows that black on black violence, illegal possession of firearms, and socioeconomic status are the real reason problem.

What we are seeing (hopefully) is the last huzzah of the race card. Until people realize that they are treated differently because of the way they act, not because of the way they look, we will always have racism.

1 person likes this.
  7. hakeemthagreat

Know your history kid

Written by Victor E. Kappeler, Ph.D.

The birth and development of the American police can be traced to a multitude of historical, legal and political-economic conditions. The institution of slavery and the control of minorities, however, were two of the more formidable historic features of American society shaping early policing. Slave patrols and Night Watches, which later became modern police departments, were both designed to control the behaviors of minorities. For example, New England settlers appointed Indian Constables to police Native Americans (National Constable Association, 1995), the St. Louis police were founded to protect residents from Native Americans in that frontier city, and many southern police departments began as slave patrols. In 1704, the colony of Carolina developed the nation's first slave patrol. Slave patrols helped to maintain the economic order and to assist the wealthy landowners in recovering and punishing slaves who essentially were considered property

http://plsonline.eku.edu/insidelook/brief-history-slavery-and-origins-american-policing

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

http://plsonline.eku.edu/insidelook/history-policing-united-states-part-1
    http://plsonline.eku.edu/insidelook/history-policing-united-states-part-2
    http://plsonline.eku.edu/insidelook/history-policing-united-states-part-3
    http://plsonline.eku.edu/insidelook/history-policing-united-states-part-4
    http://plsonline.eku.edu/insidelook/history-policing-united-states-part-5
    http://plsonline.eku.edu/insidelook/history-policing-united-states-part-6

9. tksense

tksense Member

I would also add that, even though it is unfair in many individual cases, the way you look IS associated with the way you act.

Blacks are fast triggerers. If you do a clinical trial on this, I believe 100% this will be the "scientific" result (which we can all see without any trials, and even trials are often deceptive anyways, as they're often not that "scientific"....)

Anyways, I hate police brutality, but fast trigger is associated with blacks. The system and the media love to rally racism. So the news stir things only when it's racial. This is what you get from this system: confusion and hatred.

Violence do happen regardless of race, but it seems US police are protected, and less so for citizens. This is true, because America is totalitarian, they have a clear idea of what they want you to think and act. For example, think: thinking we are the freest country in the world. Think: other countries are police states.

But in fact, we are the police state, we have less freedom in many ways. For example, you know that Chinese mob can actually gang up on a police if the police is wrong? There is a consensus on justice, that if someone's wrong, they should be punished. Even if it's a police. The police would also let citizens right their wrong even if it's not super legal, like rightfully beating someone (again, even if it's a police!)

It sounds foreign right? Because yep, we here in America can never dream of such justice in 100 years!

And the fact that American police overreact has to do with the fast trigger habit of the blacks... This is a truth that is ugly but the result is inevitable.

American police has also downgraded its requirement I think since the 70s, I think they used to be more educated and had a better temperament. But now, I think you can actually fail a police personality test for being "too patient".

10. StraightG

StraightG Member

I don't understand what you mean by Blacks and "fast triggers"?

11. tksense

tksense Member

Watch some hood movies :p. It's not just an observation, they themselves know this very well. In literary terms, it is called temperament. In loose terms, short fuse.

I mean fast trigger by firing out of nowhere or by the slightest of provocation. Blacks shoot the most in gang fights, u can't talk too long before seeing guns.

Not as bad amongst in other races. Some don't even pull guns.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so it really has more to do with their situation ubringing, and environment than the color of their skin amiryt?

#32 vlaurelio, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  13. hakeemthagreat

Actually, the most violent ppl in the history of this country are of European descent. Think about Christopher Columbus & how they tricked and murdered the native americans, or the african slaves being raped, beat, tortured & killed during slavery. How about the civil rights eta? Who committed these atrocities that shape our society today? Certainly wasn't the "fast triggered" black ppl

14. tksense

tksense Member

Fast trigger is a function of temperament, it has no bearing on violence. Blacks are just more impulsive and tend to strategize less, hence they rather pull a gun.

Yes, colonial period Europeans are definitely the most violent and unfair aggressors in the history of mankind (most killings were done by men :p)

But see what I'm talking about? They plan and kill with strategy. Whites also never turned blacks into slaves. Tribal winners and greedy fast-money type African Chiefs did. Yes, the African tribal "in-fighting" did the hard work capturing human, enslave them, and sell them off to colonial whites for export.

Whites never had to do the hard work. The tribal bickering did... Look if Africans ever planned for anything and strategize to fight a common enemy, then they would NEVER have become slaves.

Getting long, I'll post more if it plays out organically here.

15. StraightG

StraightG Member

:eek: I've seen it all on this board man...I wish this were rock bottom.

16. tksense

tksense Member

Well what do you mean? I can see how u can see rock bottom in terms of so called PCness. But I'm an honest person, and I'm fair and always try to be helpful, in this regard what kind of rock bottom do you see?

If u don't face a observable problem then it will always be a problem. So I rather point it out. PCness has to do with a world of people who has conflicting self-interests. It is even embedded in its own word "political", and "correct". Correct for someone? And only someone?

However, a real discussion can only begin with facing every facts and opinions with equal care and maybe even a genuine heart.

So you can start conversation by sharing thoughts and contents. Which I had. Can u dispute any points? I'd love to discuss, I'm open minded.

17. StraightG

StraightG Member

I'm not sure its worthwhile to engage with someone who would say: "Blacks are just more impulsive and tend to strategize less, hence they rather pull a gun."

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, dude, are you nuts? Putting that aside, you should really delve deeper into history. You hold up the 1970's as an example of when police "used to be more educated and had a better temperament." Sorry, but that's simply bull****. Some of us were adults and news junkies back then, not children watching Disney cartoons. Maybe Mayberry R.F.D. fits your bill, but reality doesn't. Want an example of how you are wildly off-base? Check out the New York City police department, circa 1970's. Read all about it and get back to us. You will find it enlightening. No thanks needed.

19. tksense

tksense Member

Well this is an ad hominem, so you avoid the issue, which I believe is unproductive.

I think I've been clear in my presentation. These are tendencies, even very observable tendencies. It doesn't mean it is a prejudice or even anything personally negative. I love many people who can be impulsive too, but do you must deny that this exists? In order to not face it?

You can dispute the observation, but you rather deny the messenger. This is unproductive and actually illustrates how the world will never get much better...

If you don't notice already, I wholeheartedly respect and support everyone's views, but this one is an observation that is quite common.

20. tksense

tksense Member

Well I admit this is a broadstroke statement so it shouldn't be stated this way. But there are some truths in what I try to say, and every subject is complicated it can't be done in a sentence or two anyways, so I respect your outrage.

My timing can be off but there was a change in police recruitment policy a few decades ago, that's why I repeat "I think". Let me look it up if it's so important. I only didn't cos I know it's not D&D. And I don't visit there, I like the dish. Sorry about the tangents guys.