1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are you expecting from Eric Gordon this season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Aug 24, 2016.

?

What are you expecting from EG?

1. Breakout Season

17.7%
  2. Decent season

55.0%
  3. Injuries

24.5%
  4. Falls of (Ty Lawson)

2.7%
  1. da_juice

da_juice Member

Plays ~60 games. Effective with Harden on the floor but mostly plays as a 6th man/with the 2nd unit.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KI_0tQdEA5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Naismith

Naismith Member

Thank you

It maid my morning

4. photojoe

photojoe Member

Unfortunately, he will play in less than half of Rocket's games this season.

5. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I remember always wanting Gordon and Anderson with the Rockets, but mostly as 3rd/ 4th option. Now that we have them as our primary scorers next to Harden, I'm not excited because the Rockets won't get far in the playoffs.

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Monta Ellis with better shooting.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

I expect him to gives us all of what Melvin Gordon gave to the Chargers. Riddle me this.

8. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I expect him to be a super sub like Morey promised!!:p

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's all about his health, like whether he can stay on the court. Nice to have another excellent free throw shooter, if Gordon can get to the line, and a good shooter from Downtown, if he can stay in games. We need him healthy during the stretch run and into the playoffs. The Rocks should handle him with care until then, in my opinion. Ease him in there. Give him a game off during back-to-backs.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I am expecting a lot out of Gordon.

Eric Gordon was supposed to be the next up-and-coming superstar SG, and was the key piece to the Chris Paul trade.

Health is definitely a concern, but at the age of only 27, he is one of few injury prone players to have a complete change in environment at that age, and that may actually save his career.

Think about guys like Brandon Roy, T-mac, Yao, Grant Hill, or even Ralph Sampson. Eric Gordon is obviously not as good of a player as these guys are, but he was at one point expected to be the 1st/2nd option like these players were. Imagine if these players, when injuries started becoming a reconcurrent concern, were pulled out of their current role in their prime and asked to be a 6th man. I reckon their career trejectories will be very different.

There is a lot of reason to be excited about Eric Gordon, because despite his injuries in the past few seasons, his 3 point sharp shooter has always been reliable. He doesn't have a lot of playoff experience, but in his one playoff series against GSW, he was impressive. Most importantly, his overall scoring efficiency in his career has been above league average. It means the Rockets can expect him to come off the bench and score effectively.

If Eric Gordon remains healthy, I think he will be the best 6th man the Rockets have had in a very long time. Obviously, that is a giant if, but he is only 27 years old and still has a lot of room to trend up in terms of development.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is not forgettable doe.

12. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

not even close. Monta have it all

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

16 points per game, 4 rebounds, 4 assists. 38-40% 3pt shooting, 6th Man of the Year Award winner.

Would be nice, wouldn't it?

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

On what planet?

It's not an insult to Monta. He's a very talented player that's a borderline starter, can score in bunches, create offense for others and plays shaky defense.

That's essentially the scouting report for Eric Gordon...only with better shooting. So, yeah.

#54 baller4life315, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  15. Mr Chuck Norris

Bro.....Monta got it all..

1 person likes this.
  16. Mr Chuck Norris

HE's got the same contract as soloman hill

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

He will struggle early in the season, people will call for his head and say we had MT last year for a lot less since all he can do is shoot etc. Then he will have a nice January-February, followed by injury that has been nagging since December. Will come back in March somewhere, play okay for the rest of the season and average: 12/3/2 on 36% 3pt shooting with 2.5 TOs a game.

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

15.5ppg, 44% FG, 36% 3PT, Under 60 games played