1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

My picks for Takeover:

No Way Jose
    Bobby Roode
    Ember Moon
    Asuka
    Gargano/Ciampa
    Samoa Joe- I'm 50/50 on this, it might be too soon for Nak to get the title here but I don't know?

2. Beavis Stiffler

Agree on the predictions except I want Aries to win.

3. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah I'm going back and forth but I have a feeling SD is going to call up Aries since he's the perfect fit for them. I could be wrong Aries wins and No Way Jose is lost in the shuffle or back to the indies for this guy, hahah. I'd be shocked if he gets called up for any reasons it may be.

4. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Aries
    Ember Moon
    Bobby Roode
    Gargano/Ciampa
    Asuka
    Nakamura(Joe gets called up on Monday)

5. VanityHalfBlack

I'm also 50/50 on this Asuka/bayley too? Would it make sense for them to make history and have her become two time women's champ? It could happen.

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Floor seats, got them $80 each

[​IMG]

So effing pumped right now

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Who was it the crowd was reacting to in the Aries/Jose match? Someone in the crowd I think

Edit

Ric Flair

#4687 Haymitch, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  8. Dave2000

It was funny, when they're special guest at ring side, seems they sit in different spots, but all of them shown were in the same seats. Flair was only there for one match, CWC were their afterwards, Sasha and Becky were there during the tag match till the end, Mick, Noelle, and Finn just showed up last match next to Sasha/Becky

9. VanityHalfBlack

Damn epic of entrances displayed that night. That Brooklyn crowd lit everyone up.

10. Dave2000

i thought Roode's entrance was the greatest entrace I've seen live but Nakamura's blew it out of the water

11. VanityHalfBlack

As hard of an act for SS to follow it's smart to have NXT kick things off to a blazing hot start. God I love wrestling. Come on Balor get that belt tonight!

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Flair losing his **** with pure happiness as Aries attacked Jose after the match :)

Roode is a mega star NOW! Character is gold

Every match was fantastic. Asuka/Bayley was probably my fave, tag title close second

Bayley's gotta be coming up

13. Dave2000

Event was great, surprised it was packed since the prices dropped week before the event, was able to score the $80 after fees floor seats Friday night, glad I did, since they went back up to $99 before fees Saturday afternoon.

Glad to see Tye Dillinger on the NXT Taping for Wednesday, dude is WAYY over with the crowd. Good to see Authors of Pain live, dudes are HUGE in person.

Whole Takeover show was great, Roode's entrance was a bit Shawn Michaels-esque WM25 entrance, but with the awesome entrance theme.

I've been to plenty of WWE events in the last 15 years, but Nakamura's entrance by far was the best entrance I've seen live. No flashy props, just a badass theme with damn good violinist doing his thing.

Here are the pics I took, working on uploading Nakamura's entrance (with my voice singing the theme on full display) on Youtube, I'll embed it once it's done

https://goo.gl/photos/N9WjQiAd5pEHpLzB9

EDIT 2: Youtube took down my video for copyright issues, but here it's on my Google Photos account

https://goo.gl/photos/9Z4j723dUuYSbsJx6

hopefully I got enough ass shots of Bayley and Asuka to satisfy VanityHalfBlack :)

#4693 Dave2000, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  14. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

15. VanityHalfBlack

Who went to the house show last month for NXT? That tag match was the exact same match right? Same outcome too. LOL.

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Overall I don't think this years takeover was even close to last years... Nakamura entrance was amazing, match was okay. Some good matches but nothing that even came close to KO vs Finn or Sasha vs Bayley

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You know. Samoa Joe is a very very good wrestler.

I haven't seen Kenta in a while. Him doing the GTS on Aries was awesome. Has he used that before in the wwe?

18. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

Does anybody know any bars or restaurants that are showing the summer slam tonight T

19. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Not on TV. They've teased it a couple of times (him and Balor vs. the Ascension in Finn's first match). I THINK he did it once at a house show or something, but my memory sucks so take it with a grain of salt.

20. Dave2000

Agreed those 2 matches from last year was for the ages.... But this year had the better overall card.