1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seemingly Minor Injuries That Are Actually More Impactful Than They Seem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, Aug 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Can you guys think of any seemingly minor injuries that are actually a lot worse than they seem?

I jammed my middle finger recently playing ball. I think its actually my first time jamming that finger since I was like 15 years old. no big deal, right? just a jammed finger. Problem is I cannot bend it or put any weight on it for at least a couple weeks. Normally I can get around it by using the other fingers to compensate.

Except when I'm wiping. My tissue holding finger formation uses my middle and ring finger to do the work while my index finger does the tissue spreading. it's an efficient and relatively hygenic motion that I've perfected over the years. I've had to alter the motion because of the injury to the middle finger. It is seriously one of the most annoying injuries I have ever had. Everytime I take a dump, I walk away feeling like it's not really that clean down there. Makes me feel just dirty in front of people.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

I got a splinter on the bottom of my foot like over a month ago and i still can't walk without shoes because i can't put pressure on it. I tried digging it out with tweezers and instead just kept ripping my skin up and made it worse. I'm tired of limping. Damn thing won't go away.

3. hotballa

I know the feeling. Its so seemingly small but it makes you want to rip up your skin to get it out

4. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I can see this heading a different direction....:grin:

5. SuraGotMadHops

Turf toe....doesn't sound like much but it always ends up in an NFL player missing like 6 weeks.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Shin splints are horrible

7. underoverup

underoverup Member

Plantar fasciitis.

8. trigun333

trigun333 Member

This^^^^^

It really sucks and the injections they use to help are no picnic either.

9. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

Sprained thumb

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I had a Terrence Jones injury once.

Hit my funny-bone by just bending over to unlock my bike and hit the frame with my elbow. I had the regular funny-bone sensation, but more severe than usual. I had to sit down, felt like throwing up with extreme acute pain. It subsiding in about the normal time, but I had a numbness down my arm to my little fingers that didn't go away completely for like a year.

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I swear 80% of Hotballa's posts pertain to pooping. I simply cannot understand how a man in his 30s (presumably) has this much of an infatuation with taking a crap.

Oh, and in terms of annoying injuries, getting a crick in your neck has to be top 5. The last one I had was a few months ago, and I couldn't turn my head to the left for like a week.

13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Any sort of shoulder injury sucks. Doesn't have to be major. Just a slight tweak can make using your arms the rest of the day a huge pain.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Nicely disguised "the technique behind cleaning your poop" thread. Just another poop thread in the hangout and an extension of the poop "stand or sit" wiping thread

Must be a slow day at the washateria...

15. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely. I don't even know what I did to get this but my foot hurt for about 6 months. I remember when Francis got this and missed a good chunk of time, everyone thought he was a baby but now I understand.

16. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I have a tendency to get this. When I feel it starting, I get a towel and sit up in bed with my legs straight. I put the towel around the ball of my foot near the toes and use the towel to pull back on my foot. This stretches the muscle. I can usually prevent it getting bad by doing this in the morning and evening for a couple of weeks.

17. hotballa

My plantar fasciitis got so bad in the winter, some days I could barely put any weight on my foot. Felt so tender

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

What happened hotballa? Paper cut?

19. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Things get worse after you turn 30 too. You begin to notice it takes longer for your body to heal from minor things. I burned my hand on our oven 3 months ago, just a little blister where I accidentally touched the hot rack...and I STILL have a red mark where I burned. When I was 25, it would have been gone in a week or two.

I was playing on a playground with my nieces and I reached up to grab one on a "fort" play thing and tweaked my shoulder a little bit. Four months later it still hurts a little when I wake up.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Anything to do with the teeth, (inner) ears, back, feet, shoulders, hips, or back usually sucks nards.