1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VIDEO HPD arrests BF for very minor offense

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Aug 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

2. underoverup

underoverup Member

Must have been a bad breakup to arrest the boyfriend on those charges.

3. cml750

cml750 Member

Wow, the officer showed great restraint here. First of all, she got out of her car which something you should never do. She then failed to follow the officers directions to provide her license. Then to top it all off the lady called 911 for a non-emergency which is abusing the system. Heck, the officer showed extreme restraint allowing her to make the call and to stay on the line as long as she did. She deserved to be arrested, not for crossing the solid line but for not following directions from the officer. and ultimately resisting arrest. I am glad for the officer that there was a camera to prove he did nothing wrong.

#3 cml750, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

That was awesome. What an annoying as **** chick.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Both are idiots as usual in these cases but one's a paid idiot and the other isn't. We have such low standards for police probably because the pay sucks.

6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Honestly I don't see how you can fault the officer here. He pleaded with her for 3 minutes to get off the phone and get back in the car. She ignored his requests for 3 minutes solid. Finally after repeated requests he decided to detain her, she resisted so he did what he had to do. i'm thoroughly confused as to why some people believe they are above the law. All she had to do was listen to his requests and she probably would've ended up with a warning, A ticket at worst. I watched the interview she gave earlier this week and she was lying through her teeth about the incident.

1 person likes this.
  7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Why does the officer feel the need to arrest her? Just give her a ticket and leave. Why does the women cannot just sit in the car? She can argue her case in the court if she wishes to do so. Stupidity by both parties.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The woman did nothing wrong in this case. Everyone knows the first thing you do when you get pulled over is to get out of the car and call 911 to request a different officer.

9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Yes, do they not know you should just sit in the car when getting pulled over?

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Agreed but why did his patience and restraint end suddenly? She didn't do anything different than she was doing before.

Agreed but is it against the law?

Obviously but I suspect she would have complied with another office which she was requesting.

I think most people only know to call 911 especially if you are afraid.

Sure but if he gave her 10 seconds why not 100, or 1000, 10000. Seem arbitrary based on his mood or emotion and none of us can read minds. None of us know when "his" restraint timer ends.

I think you are wrong. She deserved to have another office there if she truly felt she was in fear. We can't project our feelings on her either. The officer is a bad officer which in of itself is not an offense. He's arbitrarily making up rules as he goes. Coming out with the cuffs immediately, then putting them away. Then allowing her to talk and make the call, then deciding not. What a joke of an officer.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Officer was a tad overaggressive, but I don't fault him when she's claiming harassment when there's no proof of it. Once she made that claim, that's when the officer stepped in. He was very patient before that, allowing her to call 911 speak on the phone for a few minutes. The video actually exonerates the officer of her harassment claims and shows how much she resisted his lawful orders.

As a citizen being pulled over, you don't get to dictate how the traffic citation goes. Being as difficult as you can and making outrageous claims only makes things worse for you. Take the ticket and fight it in court.

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

Impressive ,I do agree with "BobT.G " ahead of time and admits that this cop had a remarkable self restrains , However ,I would disagree ahead of time also that a Black or any individual has a valid reason to be concerned of becoming the next victim to be shot

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

LOL. This is about as stupid as the "but I pulled into a parking lot and touched base" argument that the lady in Austin used.

#13 Cohete Rojo, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Didn't watch the video, just came to say fugg da po-lees. amirite?

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The officer was incredibly patient with a REALLY stupid person but eventually he wouldn't put up with the woman refusing to comply with lawful orders so he arrested her pretty calmly.

This is basically a "how to guide" when it comes to turning a simple traffic ticket into going to jail for being an idiot.

1 person likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also, the title is misleading, I thought this was going to be about a cop arresting their boyfriend over a minor offense. I think that would be a much better story.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

Unpredictable amazing insights

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When the truth is this obvious, it should be predictable. Predictably, 1+1=2

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The entitled women I've seen arrested in a while.

I'm glad she got humiliated.

I know tensions are high but there are rules to officer civilian interactions like keeping both hands on the wheel until instructed otherwise by the officer. Once the officer approaches you then you can start asking questions.

What did she think the outcome would be?

20. Buck Turgidson

Pull off road into nearest safe place, as to avoid traffic accidents
    Turn off engine and radio
    Put hands on wheel in plain sight. Don't reach for anything
    Wait for the cop
    Say "yes sir/no m'aam" or whatever is needed.

**** ain't complicated.