1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Improving Eyesight Vision Naturally

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by houstontexans, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

Flaxseed oil is recommended after performing lasik type surgery to moist the eyes

2. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Check out the Bates method. There are book and many videos about his method online which has been proven method over time. I take Zeaxanthin & Astaxanthin along with blackcurrant as a supplement along with eating highly pigmented foods and yellow color foods. I use pin hole readers to compensate for not wearing glasses when ever I can. Also, since you have to look at a monitor all day look into blue blockers. They are both a cheap investment. From taking the supplements my night vision has improved drastically to the point where i do not have to look away from bright lights. I have not done the other things long enough or on consistent basis to say it has helped me.

3. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I have had the same issue but my eyes were constantly blood shot also and I was getting self conscious because everyone noticed at work. Went to the doctor and she said I had dry eyes and put me on a steroid drops and now I use "Tears Natural Free" a few times a day and then a gel drop before I go to bed......seems to help

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I have tried the eye excerises but could never do it consistently enough to get results. I may have gone 5 days in a row but afterwards it's just too tedious.

I just try to not look at the phone often (hard to do and I have been failing) and try not to look at stuff in dim lighting. I feel the best I can do at this point is try to keep it from getting worse. Wearing glasses all the time will make your eyes worse

5. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

So, I finally found a solution to my blurred vision, dry eye, and strained eye symptoms. I have been taking trace elements supplement which has seemed to solve the problem all together for me. I occasionally take dry eye homeopathic drops from other peoples suggestion on here, but that is very rare. I feel a drastic difference and relief.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Homeopathy is bull****. You are literally just putting water in your eyes.

7. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Tons of representation from the left side of the bell curve here. Please Google "how does light refract"

Here's a tip from someone that grew up around the eye biz... Spend some time away from the computer! Take more breaks and try not to sit in the dark as much while on the comp. Yes, overworking and stressing your eyes can affect your vision. So can too much stress.

Your eyes being dry could mean many things and it could be structural (ie eyes drain too well). You can always purchase some rewetting drops. Don't confuse this with allergy drops as this will dry your eyes out more. Also drink the recommended amount of water for your size and activity level.

Funny story: Needed bifocals during stressful relationship in my early 20s. Broke up and my vision improved tremendously. Stress has quite the impact on how we function.

1 person likes this.