1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Random Astros Trade Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by The Beard, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

i'll take play off Beltran instead of Gomez any day

2. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

The speculation is that he wants a contract extension from whichever team trades from him. Maybe the Indians refused.

3. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Lucroy wanted Cleveland to void his 2017 option so he'd be a free agent (ridiculous request). Apparently Cleveland wouldn't promise Lucroy he'd be the everyday catcher (stupid).

Luhnow should propose a 3 way deal: Mejia, Armstrong, and Allen still goes to Milwaukee (Cleveland keeps Chang); Houston adds JD Davis to the package going to Milwaukee. Castro, Rodgers, Aplin, and Jankowski go to Cleveland. Lucroy goes to Houston.

4. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

So lucroy straight up for Davis?
    You think Milwaukee goes for that?

5. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Nevermind I misread it.

6. PavlovsDog

PavlovsDog Member

Why would Cleveland do that?

7. Buck Turgidson

I think they should get Brian McCann just so everyone can hit him in the face.

8. conquistador#11

^ That would definitely up our Hit by pitch count.

9. awc713

awc713 Member

I'd be perfectly fine with no major hauls. Sustainable competitiveness is the key. We want to be a mainstay for decades. If 2017 isn't our year, so be it. I'd rather be in a great position moving forward than hedging that bet by being dictated by an irrational trade market.

I'm not saying we shouldn't make any deals, just that we shouldn't mortgage our future for 2017, or for a good-but-not-great player.

10. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Agreed. And I don't think that just b/c we've hit an offensive drought doesn't mean Bregman won't turn it around and that Gurriel won't be solid once he makes it up. See absolutely no need to trade for a Lucroy, Bruce, or the Padres Catcher.

However, I could definitely see us with quite a bit of activity. Make a move for a big SP upgrade while also taking advantage of the seller's market, moving Neshek & Feldman to at least partially refill any lost talent.

11. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

100% trade Colby and Gomez. Who cares what we get? We will get something

12. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

im going to lose it if they dont make a trade to make this team better. this is ****ing pathetic to watch.

13. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ken Rosenthal just said on MLB Network he is hearing Astros are making strong attempt to trade for a Huge Name</p>&mdash; McCullers Maniacs (@McCullersManiac) <a href="https://twitter.com/McCullersManiac/status/759838114483281921">July 31, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I disagree with this. There aren't any Correa's or Altuve's in the farm system. And those guys (along with Keuchel, McCullers, Springer, and the rest of their current core) will be either gone or crippingly expensive in 6 years. The window is now, and while it will probably stay open for a few years, nothing is guaranteed. Combine that with the fact that the Rangers being more aggressive, and it's hard to watch. My worst nightmare is that we look back on this stretch as a fun time where they didn't quite get it done, and look over at the Rangers and their rings and think "if only Luhnow had been able to get Hamels and Lucroy", and right now we are on track for my nightmare to come true.

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Starting to feel like it will be Rays pitcher or bust.

16. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

If there is a trade to be made make it tonight. I have a feeling the trade they want make will be a garbage trade and very small chance it will be a decent trade and the player will only stay till the season is over.

17. jsingles

jsingles Member

A big trade or two and a good showing against the Jays and Rangers and this is an exciting team again. It all starts with the trade(s) though, if we stand pat I think we'll be looking at an 8-9 game deficit in the division in a week.

18. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

That's what got us in trouble with freaking Pupura. Terrible thinking.

19. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

LUHNOW NEEDS TO GET OFF HIS ****ING ASS AND MAKE A ****ING DEAL.

20. Airdough

Airdough Member

Yes to trade away veterans for prospects. Musgrove, Hoyt, Rodgers, etc are blocked at Triple A right now. Time to see if they can be part of our staff next year. If they do well, the Astros can focus on the lineup in the offseason when there'll be a still over inflated pitching market.