1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DC Animated] Batman: The Killing Joke

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Apr 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

What were the instances of fanservice? I don't think anyone liked Babs banging Bats. There were random points where it felt like they were trying to sexualize her. Like panned shots on her as she's jogging.

2. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Decent, but not great. Enjoyed the experience, especially the voice work, but there were some boring parts.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

What was so bad about the story? I don't quite remember the graphic novel, but as I read the plot on wikipedia, the graphic novel seemed to match the plot of the film. So unless you didn't like the story in the GN, I don't think you could argue that the story was bad.

Probably to make viewers identify with Barbara, so that when you-know-what happens, there's more of an emotional effect.

Yeah, I don't understand it either. Aside from the Batgirl vehicular chase scene at the start of the film, I had no issues with the animation.

Like another CF'er asked: what fanservice? Aside from Barbara taking off her shirt to reveal her bra as the camera panned away, there was none. No gratuitous cleavage, no split second shots of lingerie, no nothing.

Unless you're talking about old man Gordon and his naked body on the carnival ride, there's next to no fanservice. And even then, there was a point to stripping Gordon.

Hell, even the pictures Joker took of Barbara, to display to Gordon on the ride, weren't revealing.

I feel like some of you are complaining for the sake of complaining. Sure, the movie wasn't perfect, but it's been panned on CF, and I dunno why.

4. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

9/10- really enjoyed it. I read this thread going with low expectations.the added story from the 1st half of the movie was well done also.

5. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Just watched this. Pretty disappointed overall.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

IMO the biggest problem it had was that there wasn't enough material because they were doing just one very small story rather than a longer graphic novel or collection of comics. The prologue story was the worst part of the whole thing.