1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas now a restricted free agent, no qualifying offer for Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jun 30, 2016.

1. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Other teams are interested in me, so the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> better step up.</p>&mdash; D. Motiejunas (@D_Motiejunas_20) <a href="https://twitter.com/D_Motiejunas_20/status/755839971542478848">July 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I did not retire from basketball, just letting you guys know. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBAFreeAgency?src=hash">#NBAFreeAgency</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; D. Motiejunas (@D_Motiejunas_20) <a href="https://twitter.com/D_Motiejunas_20/status/757252420816687105">July 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

One month? He was good most of the year before last, and was a major reason we finished 2nd in the WC when Dwight was missing 41 games.

Look folks can dislike the guy or think he is a stiff - fine, but at least try to be a little accurate in what your reasons are...

DD

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

DMo's agent posts on CF? Finally, a real insider.

4. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Is that his actual account? Screw him

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Pretty desperate tweet. DMo's agent, did you advise him to do this? Doesn't seem very "team-oriented" or "high character".

Actually I thought he was @DonatasMot. This makes me think you are not really his agent.

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

It's pretty easy to figure out it's not his account. 1)There's no blue checkmark. 2)If you took a second and clicked on the tweet, you'd see that account has 55 followers.

This is his real account: https://twitter.com/DonatasMot

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Seriously. I'm in politics and im impressed with the subtle way he laid out that argument. If that guy ever gets tired of repping players, I've got a job for him at the lobby firm.

8. rockets13champs

Thats not dmo guys

9. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

:eek:Sorry guys, didn't realize those were that was a fake account on those tweets. I reported myself and asked that they be deleted.

10. rockets13champs

Rule of thumb for Old Heads always look for a blue check next to an athletes or celebrities twitter name. That means the account is official.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

3) His profile says

D. Motiejunas
    @D_Motiejunas_20
    Houston Rockets PF/C. The inner wolf keeps me going. Not the real D-mo.

12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Haha. I love dmo

13. rocketseagles07

Lmao when will people learn to look for the check mark

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That account screams FAKE

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You guys are hikarious!:grin:

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

and hilarious!

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

He was really good that year especially right after the new year until late February.

He did start to fade towards the end of the year, most likely due to fatigue of never playing that many minutes or games.

With that said the nba is a what have you done for me lately ans unfortunately for dmo is he didn't play much or very well last year for a variety of reasons.

I think what has most ppl worried is obvious, it's the back. He took much longer to come back than anticipated and then when he did return he was shut down not very long after. Followed by a trade to Detroit which was rescinded for who knows what but the only thing that's reported is a failed physical.

I think had dmo came back and showed more this year even if it was just for 10-20 games to end the year he would already be signed to prob the 10m you think he has on the Table, but he was pretty bad and was falling down all over the place. Another way that maybe that wouldn't have mattered is had he been a better player his first two years and was coming off injury but with 2 solid seasons.

Dmo was very impressive that season but it was 2 years ago aloe has changed and I just don't see the multi year deal with avg salary of 10. I think If that was truly on the Table he would have signed already.

Jared Sullinger has been a more productive player over the last few years and he also has a bad back and he only got 6mil for 1 yr. festus Ezeli was thought to be a guy who was going to get a long term deal starting at 15 mil per he ended up getting 15 mil for 2 years with only 7.5 guaranteed.

I know we think dmo is better than those guys and maybe he is maybe he's not but he's def in that tier of player and I don't think anyone can debate that if your being unbiased.

Is dmoa ceiling higher than those guys? I actually agree with you and say yes but he still is less proven than those guys.

I think the back and lack of significant meaningful game tape on him is playing against him. He's def does not have the advantage in negotiations and most likely is looking at a festus deal imo, maybe even a little less. Only thing I could see them working out with dmo is giving him the option on a 2 yr 15 mil deal with a player option instead of a team option sort of giving him a little insurance if his back prevents him from getting another nba contract.

I expect dmo back but for a very small deal.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Both are not perfect for each other this year.

They need a fresh start, change of scenery.

I guess you like both the Rockets and Dmo but both sides have different interests.

Deal with it.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Sometimes I dream that we had the #12 and #18 pick in the draft. Wait...

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How would it look like when the 18th pick got barely 1million from the Pelicans (Tjones) and the 20th pick Dmo is demanding 10-12 millions a year?

I do not think Dmo is 10 millions worthier or better than Tjones as much as people dislike Tjones he was clever taking Nola's offer.

TJones had a good game against the Clippers in the 2nd round and he deserves a chance in the NBA as much as Dmo.