1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Father speaks with his new transgender son

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dei, Jul 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wouldn't that make the father and you intolerant of mental diseases. In other words, you'd be understanding of your son living his life as a reincarnated Napolean, or even five different people, but not if he's Lady Godiva, bursting to get out?

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This.

How would the father feel if the son killed himself because he couldn't deal with his emotions?

I'm not for or against transgender, but it has nothing to do with me.

3. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

ahh the religious right, holding back humanity for thousands of years

4. likestohypeguy

Not anymore. There was a lady who changed I'm not sure what all, but caught some heat initially when she tried to pass herself off as black (comical when you look at her younger pics). But like with the rest of it, you're not allowed to express a negative opinion about that either now. She sits in on news network panels all the time now, giving her "black" perspective.

Maybe these guys consider skin color a "birth abnormality" too, like the existence of one's sex organs.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I really don't understand the point of this silly assertion?

So.. what? Do you want the 'pariah' of being gay/transgender back into our mainstream culture? Is that what you desire? Other than this, I don't see what point you are tying to make? I mean are there a significant class of humans being ostracized because they 'switched races' that I don't know of?

6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the difference is that woman was lying to people about her race and her family background. she went around telling people her dad was black.

i could see a parallel there if a transgendered person was lying about being transgendered.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

For the bigoted peeps, it's important to know that although the scientific community is largely against your argument, it doesn't even matter if there wasn't a scientific argument to be made.

Let's take your assumption and say this person is just ACTING in a way that puts them in a group that's routinely discriminated against and that is SO *****ing oppressed that the suicide rates are astronomical.

It's still none of your business. It's none of the dad's business either if he has a problem with it, especially if he's displaying this kind of behavior. It doesn't matter what you think. You don't own your kids when they're kids nor when they grow up. That's the bottom line.

Also, it's hilarious that Dei is acting exactly like a conservative Muslim right now.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

By starting these threads and posting again and again his distaste for gays it helps him justify his own homosexual feelings. If he hates gays so much how in the world could he actually be homosexual himself?

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I think if it is in fact a mental disorder like other delusions, the outlook is far better. Delusions can be cured with some success. Having a "man's body" and "woman's brain" cannot be cured. The barbaric means of making men superficially more like women through surgery and hormones is horrific. It also doesn't improve outcomes.

For these reasons I find it weird that it is insulting to say a person is mentally sick when being "trans-gendered" is a far worse situation all around.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'm glad that the OP made this thread. It's always good when dumbass people with backwards views expose themselves. They deserve ridicule and mockery.

11. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Unlike transgenderism, being gay is not being delusional about one's biology.

We wouldn't indulge or accommodate someone's biological delusions about what race/species they are, but for some strange reason, with gender we are all expected to play along.

Like with a child playing pretend.

Doesn't mean we need be cruel to them, but we also need not indulge their fantasies (given the suicide rate among them, accomodation probably does more harm than good)

13. fchowd0311

The rational side of me believes those suicides were more because of ostracization than being 'accepted'... but I'm just using common sense. Science isn't always common sense so do you have any evidence of your claim?

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I really don't understand the point you are trying to make by mentioning race/species?

Race as we define it isn't science. Being Black in america is a complete social construct, proven by the fact that many mulatto people consider themselves Black...

With sex it isn't so clear and as we go along and advance it will become even less clear. As I always tell you schmucks, there are transgender models, the only thing they are missing are working reproduction tools which may be possible one day and then what?

Any ways, no one is asking you to play along. Just let them be. Is it really that hard for some of you conservatives to let people be?

The suicides are because the people that they thought loved them turn on them and they have no where left to go. The suicides are not for people that happily transition over and live their lives.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/radical-homophobia-a-modern-sickness_us_57886356e4b0b107a240b740

It is sad that people like the OP, the father in the Dr. Phil video and members of ISIS suffer from the disease of homophobia.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/mic...atrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change

Pretty sure Johns Hopkins were among the first to do the surgeries. Now they don't do them. There is also a difference between someone like Jenner who got off sexually from dressing like a girl, and people who are younger and feel like their body is the wrong one, which is closer to other mental illness.

The bottom line is, if the surgeries don't improve outcomes, don't do the surgeries. We can all agree it doesn't "fix" someone if transgender can actually exist. If evidence changes and surgery improves outcomes, even if it is some type of delusional disorder, then fine do the surgery while exploring more psychotherapy options.

17. fchowd0311

Did you see the post I quoted? He stated that the high suicide rate of transgenders is most probably due to accommodation than ostracization. Now, do you believe this statement personally?

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Surgery itself doesn't solve much of anything concerning how people treat you. The bigger issue is always how do people react to others view and treatment of them.

Surgery is an extreme step. I don't think it's any surprise that people who take that extreme step is more prone to suicide.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Related.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/22/this-soldier-finally-found-happiness-as-a-woman/

[​IMG]

20. supdudes

supdudes Member

Let me ask you guys.

Should old men who think that they are 6 year old girls can/should be allowed to be that?

Do people who think that they shouldn't have their limbs or sense of sight should be allowed to cripple themselves?

Because they exist.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ender-SIX-YEAR-OLD-girl-named-Stefonknee.html

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...-like-impostors-in-their-fully-working-bodies

So does that mean the biologically 50 yr old man can chose to sleep with underage boys in a few years, or share beds with underage girls- Or sleep with them if (**** I can't believe I'm saying this) ZE decides ZE wants to be a lesbian?

So should the trans-abled be allowed to get disability insurance even though they have chosen to be disabled?

Should we throw out the medical term "delusions" altogether because we cannot say that a person's culture is a tangible entity? Should we break our own reality, and the reality of medical professionals, to accommodate for these people?

Ladies and gentlemen. The year is 2016, and we are headed down an interesting path.