1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GOP Convention lol !

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Jul 18, 2016.

1. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Norovirus strikes the Republican National Convention.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2016/07/19/norovirus-strikes-the-republican-national-convention/

A dozen staffers in the California delegation who had arrived in Cleveland early have fallen ill with the extremely contagious virus, California GOP chairman Jim Brulte said.

The virus causes extreme vomiting and diarrhea and has been known to spread explosively through people in closed places, such as cruise ships, schools and nursing homes, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The virus can be caught through contact from infected people or surfaces, or through consuming contaminated food or water. Norovirus inflames the stomach, the intestines, or both. Symptoms include stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea and vomiting. Such symptoms can be especially dangerous for young children and older adults.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0GIGKYVeNCc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, here is what I would do if I ran Trump's campaign. He would open his speech Thursday night stealing bits and pieces from famous American speeches throughout history - King, Lincoln, Kennedy, Roosevelt, etc. He would then shift gears and say something like:

"Great words, from great Americans. Regardless of their race, ethnicity, religion, political ideology, these are words to live by and words that have shaped our country. Eight years ago, Mrs. Obama also spoke some great words. Words that my lovely wife used in her talk. They were wonderfully spoken by a wonderful, gracious, classy woman then and as well, last night.

But, therein lies the problem. In those 8 years, nothing has changed. We still have those same desires, needs and wants.

(and now Trump can spew his usual rhetoric)"

You're welcome Trump campaign. (and now, I am going to go take a shower)

4. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

My Dad, who is a delegate at the convention, just cast a vote for Bush.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Interesting Convention for Donald "Greg Stillson" Trump

Rocket River

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Donald Trump: We have to go all the way.

Plagiarist!!! :grin:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jfgnc6Ey0q0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This crowd is going to lynch Hillary.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

That's a good song.

9. AB

AB Contributing Member

Why call the theme for today 'Make America work again'

it should be 'lets talk about Hillary Again'. Christie pretty much dedicated entire speech to hillary

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This Repub crowd is so delusional. They have drank the kool aid. This fatty Christie has done nothing but belittle Hillary

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This crowd is so homogeneous, like every time they pan to it I try to find one minority in there. It's harder than finding waldo.

12. dandorotik

It says volumes about the lack of time they devote to extolling Trump's positives.

13. yo

yo Contributing Member

Hillary dominates their thoughts and controls their emotions.

14. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

The Trump kids don't seem that awful except the oldest one who likes like his dad.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Let's be honest here though. It's not like many who are voting for Hillary are voting FOR her but rather AGAINST Trump so I suspect the DNC convention to reflect that notion. It'll be a giant anti-trump rally which it should be.

16. dandorotik

No, I honestly believe that it's going to be a pro-Hillary focus with some anti-Trump thrown in for good measure. I may be wrong, but I'm going to bet that the majority of Obama's, B. Clinton's and Biden's speeches are going to be about Hillary as opposed to Trump. Many of these speakers hardly mentioned him at all.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Jr is doing well so far he looks comfortable giving a big speech -- it's hard to imagine the pressure to nail it.

18. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

When you were raised with a billionaire dollars you piss confidence. But that doesn't mean you have competence. But then again you still have a billion dollars.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I dunno. He's kind of extolling the values of anti-intellectualism. Trump loves the poorly educated!

20. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I love Reddit sometimes. We had the mean girl and now Patrick Bateman.