1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Las Vegas Summer League] Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SK34, Jun 26, 2016.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm pretty sure they were laughing at the guy who tried to dunk on Montrezl but got blocked.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Oh my bad, still funny lol thanks BB!

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, that's what I thought, too.

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

McDaniels is looking great and Dekker is also looking better than last year. McDaniels three point shot looks a lot more solid

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Finally after like 4 games MCdaniels finally has a decent shooting performance. I really hope it was him working out heavily which messed with his shot and now he's finally used to his new body type. Hopefully he keeps this up. Dekker had a horrible game but since he's shot decently the previous games I'll give him a pass this time. I think Harrell needs to work on his perimeter game more if he really wants to be a stretch 4, just lock himself up in the gym with a shooting coach and shoot like 1000 3 pt shots a day, right now he's not really good enough to be taking 3 pt shots.

Rockets as a whole hasn't really impressed, at the very least Dekker and Harrel proved they aren't busts. Other than that I haven't seen anything from the talent we have that screams "steal" to me unlike in previous years where you knew Parsons or AB were picked way lower than they should be. And none of the undrafted signings look like diamonds in the rough either, GP3 was alright but Wiltjer and that other dude were no shows.

Meh.

6. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

I think Freeman, GP2, Gaines, and Wiltjer gonna make it to training camp.

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

That's the group I like as well

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Harrell needs to focus on crashing the boards and boxing out. He can't do that from the 3 point line.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[youtube]L_M0CKw_1qQ[/youtube]

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets play Friday 5:30 PM central against Thon Maker and the Milwaukee Bucks in the consolation round.

I'm not sure if they play again if they win. Not sure how this consolation round works.

11. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Cool, thanks. Was wondering if there is a consolation bracket. I really think the Summer League is a great way to develop. I wish head coaches and others in the organization were more involved as the players seem lost a lot of the time but I guess that is to be expected. They need to be posting Harrell up instead of have him camp on the 3 point line. I think he has a decent stroke just not sure he is ever going to be consistent enough. Need to try and develop him like an Amare or Faried type of finisher and rebounder. Hopefully KJ and Dekker can build some more confidence going into training camp.

I am not as low on Onuaku as everyone else. His hands seem pretty solid for the most part and he crashes the boards hard when he isn't dog tired. Obviously not in ideal shape especially at the fast pace of the pro game but if this dude really is 19, I am impressed by his feel for the game and his NBA ready strength/size. I think he has a broader skill set than people realize as he can dribble a little bit. Would like to see if he can roll to the basket and finish in traffic. He needs to be more active and learn that hustle will get him on the court in the NBA. If he can be a 15-20 minute backup center that hustles every minute on the court I think he will be solid. He may not develop anytime soon but it wouldn't surprise me if he is at least a serviceable big man fairly soon. Capela seemed to progress in about a 2 month stretch his rookie year and looked drastically improved once he got some seasoning in the D-League.

1 person likes this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

The next game will be the LAST against my Bucks. No matter who wins noone plays any more. And I can't watch. SMH

Keep your eyes on no.13 Malcolm Brogdon Milwaukee's second rounder from this draft. He is so steady and smart pg. Morrey should have drafted him because he would be a great fit next to Harden. He's already one of my favourites. :)

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Do the Bucks have room to keep a 2nd rounder? They have a queue of young players already at position (Ellis, MCW, Vaughn) plus Delly. And the true point is Greek Freak anyway.

14. malakas

malakas Member

yes but supposedly they couldn't afford to have TWO second rounders so they sold pick no. 38 who turned to Mccaw to GSW.:rolleyes: Idiots.
    Ennis hasn't shown much, MCW probably will get traded by next year and Vaughn is a scrub who is doubtful if he even gets the 3rd year of his rookie contract.
    Brogdon on the other hand already has shown he's a better defender than all of them and a playmaker and rebounder and decision maker.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Liked Brogdon too. And there were still some pretty good players on the board when Onuaku was picked. It happens. Morey can't hit on every 2nd rounder each draft, law of averages was bound catch Rockets eventually. Morey always looks smarter when he drafts a 1st rounder that slips into the 2nd.

Onuaku was just a surprise pick tho. Almost like Rockets were desperate to hit on a less known/unknown player.

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I ****ing hate that Golden State got a stud in Mccaw.

Meanwhile.. Our guy looks horrible and lost

17. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

all of our young guys are role players with good role player potential. They arnt gonna wow u in summer league where one on one offensive ball stand out. I'm more concerned how kj dekker and Montrezl look playing off harden and co.

18. dwhite

dwhite Member

Harrell needs to never shoot another 3 pointer. Great to see our top assistant coach, Roy Rogers, is teaching these guys how to play to their strengths. Just a depressing offseason for the Rockets in every which way, capped off by the signing today of a 40 year old point guard.

19. Hui

Hui Member

We gonna regret not picking Mccaw :mad:

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Really? I have 2 words for you: Summer League