1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Iguodala on the Thunder: "They were better than us, better than Cleveland"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jul 14, 2016.

1. varughese.arun

This HAS to be a reason

2. varughese.arun

This HAS to be reason for WESTBROOK to join rockets. KD basically left Westbrook high n dry. Rockets are basically the only POTENTIAL SUPER TEAM! Let's be honest... Boston is good and all, but if WESTBROOK comes to Houston...game over

3. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Why would it be game over in Houston ? Him joining the Celtics is better and easier for him

4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

OKC was very good but it's very hard to say they were the best when they did worse than at least two other teams.

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

not sheriff srs

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Seems boneheaded of AI.

Pretty sure the cavs will remember this interview

7. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

So he's saying NBA is rigged?

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

not at all...94-95 rockets weren't the best team that year..they were the ones playing the best at the right time...some of the players said it themselves.

Similar to GS losing to Cleveland...9 out of 10 times, they win that series with homecourt. They were the better team, but had a cold streak at the worst time to have it and Lebron/Kyrie took advantage..timing is everything.

9. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

I think the Thunder were definitely the team that played the best in the playoffs overall. They blew it in the WCF, but considering their dismantling of the Spurs and their near defeat of the Warriors, I don't think Iggy is wrong.

The fact that they lost to the Warriors who lost to the Cavs doesn't mean a lot, IMO. The Warriors probably win the Finals if Green doesn't get suspended, or if Bogut/Iguodala don't get hurt. The Thunder hit a brutal cold streak at the wrong time in game 6. The Cavs deserve the title, but they weren't clearly the best team by any means.

10. Yukyuk

Yukyuk Member

#LIGHTYEARS

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

**** the Warriors

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#4DCHESS

13. PeppermintCandy

I agree with him. They looked like they were going to steamroll through the competition. And they would've if they only didn't run out of gas.

If they had a bit deeper roster to give some rest to the stars and they would've been unstoppable.

14. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Thunder were the best team, and we beat them. Cavs weren't the best and we lost to them.

Logic, where are you???

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Luck is a part of basketball.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Haha.

17. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

That's why I said KD's move was a mistake. He should have stayed in OKC.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Andre, are you saying you were the 3rd best team in the NBA last year after you won 73 regular season games?

Clutch, I'm dying to see a poll for this, but I know better than to start one after you did. Is there any chance you'd be willing to poll us on whether we think AI was being honest or if he was just trying to inflate the broken ego of KD? I'd really appreciate it if you did, but if not I'll live.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

LeBron and the Cavs went and took what was theirs. The Warriors were in a slump because that's what Cleveland's defense forced them to be in. I don't think I've ever seen a champion more deserving than Cleveland. That's because they went out and proved they were the best team when it mattered. Any excuse makes you sound like a Warriors apologist and a loser like them.

Poise is a skill and Cleveland was the most skilled at it. It certainly wasn't the rattled Spurs, Thunder or Warriors. There wasn't a lucky bounce, the refs didn't decide the series, Cleveland went out and took their trophy home.

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I was thinking the same thing. When Iggy says 'better'. He meant efficiency to the eye test. OKC played like they had Golden State under control most of that series. Cleveland had to play frenetic defense and was lucky that Golden State missed the shots they usually made. OKC and Golden State were the best teams.