1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

You could argue that regret caused her to condemn the murders. Though we can't prove it, I have no problem with that. But again, this is not about the lady. This is about KJ retweeting an article that included the lady's statements in the video and after. He did not retweet just the initial video. He retweeted the article that included statements that condemned the murders.

2. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Oh I know, but that article had so much going on it's tough to get an overall tone to say what he meant for her to preach. I think it was a dumb thing to say though since the article he retweeted was major clickbait saying she said the killer was a martyr.

1 person likes this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

Definitely not the smartest decision. I agree with all of this.

4. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

His response with "I ain't said it so pipe down" not the smartest either but you are right he shouldn't be automatically cut loose because we do not know what he meant. If he did stick by what she said though I'd for sure want him off this team. But once again you are right we don't really know what he meant. I also think some people in this thread are getting you confused with the other poster who brought up slavery and race.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

We live in a world where Isaiah Crowell is still on the team. What he tweeted was like 100x worse than this. And I think he should face harsher consequences than being forced to apologize and donate a game check.

That sure wasn't me. That's not the best topics to discuss on a message board filled with passionate sports fans from all different walks of life and different parts of the country.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Retweeting when saying PREACH means you fully support the content including the "He's a martyr".

What do you feel about this statement :
    "I'm so sorry and I feel so sad for such attrocities and I value human lives but I think the 9/11 terrorists were actually martyrs. My condolences to the victims but I can't help but feel this way"

Same thing. Saying you feel sad call somethng an atrocity give your "condolences" when at the same time praise the criminal as a condemnable, insulting and disgusting.
    The phrasing doesn't mean a thing when the meaning is loud and clear : She called him a martyr.
    Kj retweeted and gave his praise to such a video=> clear cut approval of such messages.

I dont' care if she's torn. I dont' care if she feels she values human life and went to church. I dont' care if she sheds tears. I care that she calls a martyr a mass murderer.
    That phrase alone is enough for all of this to be completely morally apprehensible to anyone who you know..actually VALUES human lives.

8. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

So whats everyone having for dinner?[​IMG]I'm thinking beef tips with some asparagus and garlic parmesan mashed potatoes[​IMG]

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Retweeting when saying PREACH means you fully support the content including the condemnation of the murder of police officers and condolences to their familes. See how that works? You can't just pick and choose.

I've already said what I feel about her use of that word, it is the same regardless of whose life was lost. It was wrong. Very wrong. From the way she used it, she obviously did not understand the meaning of the word. But this is not an argument about her, it is about KJ McDaniels. Did KJ retweet the video, or did he retweet an article that included a lot more than just the video? I could have sworn it was the article, not the video.

10. King901

King901 Member

From what I've seen, telling them they are wrong clearly gets nowhere. They must think everyone is going to agree with them when they their point over and over.

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Absolutely not. If you plot the murder rate against the percentage of gun ownership, it is all over the place.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, some of the states with the highest murder rates have low gun ownership, while some of those with the lowest murder rates have high gun ownership. The X-axis is murder rate, the Y-axis is gun ownership rate.

1 person likes this.
  12. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

With the way the NFL has policed their players actions the last several years, I'm surprised the league hasnt done anything to him

13. Karolik

Karolik Member

**** him. Hope he joins the cop in jail someday

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

"The Cop" is dead. :(

Maybe he'll see me!

15. jk103

jk103 Member

Despite the variance, this graph shows a clear positive correlation.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Christ, please close this thread. I saw the word, "Trump" and some graph of the murder rate and then I just decided not to read further. Because I like this site for basketball, not my political jollies; which I'm sure some posters here are just dying to get their rocks off on.

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Obviously, Clutch is not going to do it because he thinks this jackass has a good chance of being cut.

*click

#577 Roc Paint, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  18. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

I think the thousands of users on this forum that give money to the Rockets have the right to be informed of something like this about a player. At the same time the people in here on both sides promoting their own agendas in form of argument are disappointing.

19. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I endorse cutting him for sure.

20. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Exactly. People are making out the womans video as some sort of militant hate fest, when in fact she admitted her feelings were inappropriate but were instead of the reaction the in injustice she felt was occurring. If you disagree thats fine, but to sit here and paint her vid and KJ's response as some sort of outrageous act is disingenous at best.

People need to get off their ****ing high horse and shut the hell up. Are we now requiring all basketball players to have a certain political ideology as well as be a basketball talent? FOH.