1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Home Fitness Ideas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Hey guys- I'm starting an online store for quick home fitness- stuff you can take out and use then store quickly. Any ideas on what I should have?

So far I have:
    A box with a hole in that box.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Pokemon Go equipped phones and tablets.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

a jump rope.

4. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

[​IMG]

For the people too lazy to do step 1 themselves.

5. SuraGotMadHops

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Shake weight

8. Xerobull

Ab wheel, shake weight, back roller, Suzanne Summers.

How about a stripper pole?

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Fun Fact: If you buy one of those 32 oz water infusers, then you can use it as a shake weight and infuse your water at the same time. LOL

Anybody have the newer generation of the BowFlex? I think the new one can go in the corner of a room.

I have one I bought way back in '98. Of course, it broke during a bench press and split my head open due to a defective part...but I fixed my head and it...and still use it for my primary weightlifting (when I'm not in my lazy routine...which is quite often).

I seriously just want Santa or someone to put a new BowFlex on my porch. I don't want to pay for it. I don't want to order it. And, I want extra accessories. I just want to come home and just bring it in off the porch...already assembled with packing materials removed if you don't mind. Thanks!

#9 Surfguy, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  10. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Adjustable weight dumbbells but those are up in cost usually. Sometimes you can grab a deal on CL.

[​IMG]

For home fitness I just use Youtube and subscribe to the FitnessBlender channel. Hundreds of free workouts. Almost all of them involve HIIT in some form for the first 20 or so minutes. They mix in free weights, pilates, yoga, HIIT. Expect to do a lot of different types of squats, planks and burpees.

https://www.fitnessblender.com/

I like FB a lot. Married couple out of Seattle. When you're drenched in sweat and exhausted, they are too. They sound just as exasperated as you probably will doing their workouts. I like them a lot better than Tony Horton or Insanity personally as I relate to them more than those other programs.

If you're less concerned with cardiovascular fitness and want to lift heavy weight, get an at home power rack if you got the space for it, a standard barbell and starting out 300 lbs. worth of weight. The power rack will act as a spotter for you if you need to the drop the weight safely without risk of injuring yourself when you're trying to squeeze out one last rep or set a new personal record. It's saved my butt a few times for sure.

[​IMG]

Then just find a good workout routine that works for you. Some people prefer body part specific splits. Others prefer full body composite exercises.

I personally got a yoga mat with a towel, some adjustable dumbbells and do Fitness Blender nowadays. Don't need a garage for the power rack or hundreds of pounds of weight and I like doing intense cardio. Gives me a good runners high.

[​IMG]

#11 London'sBurning, Jul 13, 2016
  12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

so you had time to type all of this, but not to read past the title.

13. London'sBurning

Just get a really big box to fit all that in there.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Not one of those that is easy to store and hide, but it's portable.

[​IMG]

You can hang your clothes on it when it's not in use.

15. Xerobull

My wife loves FitnessBlender. Unfortunately, I can't sell that.

I like the idea of the multiweight dumbells, but the price is very high. I like to stay in that 'instant gratification' zone.

No used stuff for me, thanks. I'll be sourcing product and paying other people to ship it.

16. conquistador#11

Be glorious. Be kettle bells.

17. London'sBurning

- Jump rope
    - yoga mat
    - yoga block
    - yoga pants
    - resistance bands
    - bosu ball
    - empty water bottle
    - protein shake bottles
    - boxing or mma gloves
    - lock for people that go to the gym and put belongings in a locker
    - fish oil tabs
    - protein shake mix
    - protein bars
    - fresh socks
    - fresh drawers
    - lady incontinence stuff (srs),
    - flaxseed
    - different types of weighted dumbbells if not willing to spend on adjustable. Sets of 10s,15s,etc.
    - Sell athletic shoes. Weight lifters generally like flat sole shoes so you're not leaning forward when doing squats. Runners like cushy soled shoes usually although you got your barefoot runners.
    - DVD/Bluray Fitness videos as well.
    -Kettlebells
    -water resistant earbuds
    -swimming gear like goggles as well as suits.

Those are all things that can fit in a box for use or have something to do with fitness. The protein shake and bars stuff will probably sell for people that like to eat but not really workout and there's plenty of folks out there like that. Basic hygiene stuff. Doesn't really fit in a box but one of those doorway pullup bars are useful in that they're meant to be minimal in taking up space. I'd focus more on workout apparel and food though. Majority of people don't like to workout in this nation, but they like to feel like they do and dress like they do. That's more of your userbase. Even American Express caught on to that trend. It's more fun to shop for workout gear than it is to workout.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wg1CMuBumOU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#17 London'sBurning, Jul 13, 2016
    1 person likes this.