1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Random Astros Trade Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by The Beard, Jun 13, 2016.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

Wonder if we pair well with COL....Boone Logan (6'5'' lefty, 2.86 ERA, lefties hitting .152) would be a nice get, as would Carlos Gonzalez. They have to move him eventually...right? He's been on the trading block for the past like 3 years. He makes 8MM rest of this year, and 20MM next season.

Side note: could you imagine the asking price for Arenado? Good god. I think I'd trade anything not on our big league team for him.

2. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gonzalez has an ops of 746 away from Coors field. Do not want.

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Better than Colby Rasmus' overall OPS...

Big issue with CarGo is where would you play him? DH? That's an awful lot of money for a DH.

My guess... if they make any deals, it'll be 1B/DH area, assuming Reed doesn't catch-on.

4. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Pitching before hitting.

We need another ace.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I only post on IMPORTANT stuff. ;)

Eh, I was never "gone."

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Balance is important too.... presumably you shouldn't have to choose between the two and you get both.

The weakest aspect of this team overall is against left-handed pitching... far weaker than their starting rotation performance.

If they go up in a series against a team with more than one left-handed starter, it would potentially be a huge disadvantage.... far more than the advantage they could possibly gain by adding one more rotational guy who would pitch once or twice.

7. HstnSprtsFan101

Need a RH bat to platoon with Rasmus, someone not named Marisnick.

8. HstnSprtsFan101

Need to go heavily after Pomeranz or Rich Hill. Both would be the go to guy if we had to play in a wild card game. Upton, Kemp or Myers would be nice RH bats to platoon with Rasmus & Valencia or Davis from Oakland would fit too.

9. HstnSprtsFan101

Not suggesting these guys wouldn't play vs righties..just that Rasmus wouldn't have to play vs Lefties

10. conquistador#11

rich hill seems like the perfect candidate to fall apart and break down after we acquire him. I don't trust these A's pitchers.

11. awc713

awc713 Member

Wonder what Braun would cost.

Martes, Fisher, Moran, Kemp...who says no?

12. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

brewers.

reed at least has to be in the trade. other teams can offer a better package.

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Crane and Luhnow would be racing to say no. Crane for the money. Luhnow for the could trade those guys for someone better if he wanted to trade them.

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

~$100MM, $51MM of which is after he turns 35.

You may be right but see above; Milwaukee's not going to give him away - but that contract severely limits the pool of potential suitors and, thus, devalues him a bit. I would also imagine the possibility of an extended suspension is also a factor.

15. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I think that's a pretty fair package for Braun but I probably wouldn't want Houston to do that deal unless Milwaukee ate quite a bit of Braun's contract.

16. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Crazy idea: sign Aroldis Chapman this offseason and convert him to a starter. Put him in a tandem with Fiers or Feliz to get around the innings limit. Chapman would start and throw 50-60 pitches, then Fiers or Feliz would come in to finish it out. If they carried 13 pitchers it may even be a good thing in terms of bullpen rest.

17. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

2017 pitching staff:
    Rotation:
    Keuchel
    Chapman/Feliz
    McCullers
    McHugh
    Fiers
    Bullpen: Devenski, Hoyt, Sipp, Gregerson, Giles, Harris

18. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Astros get:
    OF Yasiel Puig

Dodgers get:
    OF Carlos Gomez
    3B Colin Moran
    RHP Albert Abreu
    RHP James Hoyt

Houston gets to buy low on an affordable young OF with star potential and 3 years of control. LA gets an OF for this season to replace Puig (who they can resign if they like him), a MLB ready potential long term answer at 3B to replace Justin Turner, a very high upside fringe top 100 SP prospect, and a potential closer who can help their bullpen this season

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I would trade Gomez for him straight up, but i wouldn't give up any significant prospects for Puig, there is nothing special about him. He burst onto the scene, but since the league has adjusted he has been getting consistently worse.

And if people though Gomez had a negative clubhouse influence their heads might explode watching Puig.

20. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Not with the amount of money he is owed

A Braun trade all depends on how much money Milwaukee eats. If we were taking on the full contract Fisher and a lower level gets it done. If they want big prospects they eat cash