1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DustinS, Jul 2, 2016.

?

Do you like the 4-year, $80M signing by the Rockets of Ryan Anderson?

1. YES

350 vote(s)
    54.6%
  2. NO

291 vote(s)
    45.4%
  1. mightybosstone

In a vacuum, sure, I'd agree that the Rockets overpaid. But this isn't a vacuum. This is the National Basketball Association where 90+ percent of all athletes are overpaid given the value of what they actually provide and where, if you aren't willing to overpay a quality player to add him to your team, there is a line behind you of teams around the block who are more than willing to do so.

If the Rockets don't pay him $20 million a year, some other team would. And we'd all be sitting around right now wondering why another quality free agent passed on Houston and how in the hell they're going to get decent players to sign a contract. I'll gladly take the overpay over the alternative, thank you.

2. mightybosstone

Actually, stretch 4s have a TON of value in this league today given how important the 3-pointer and floor spacing has become to offenses. So I'll safely agree to disagree with you.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't like it as our "primary addition for this offseason" but it is a decent deal on its own merits

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This will not go down as a smart signing.

5. pippsux

pippsux Member

Better late than never I guess

6. Rocket_Man_2.0

I like this signing better than Kent whatever his name is!;)

7. dmoneybangbang

Right? Capela isn't some significant downgrade from Howard after what he's brought these last two season.

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Wow, that video is ridiculous. Had no idea he was that diverse offensively. Game changer.

For those who know him only by the 'advance stats', which I'm guessing is at least half of the detractors - what do his advance stats look like when he's on the court with Harden while running the MDA offense?

9. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Chill out people ,this guy is great edition to HR.

10. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Stretch 4s were "in" 10 years ago. I'd much rather play a big/versatile 3 (6'9"ish) at the 4 spot than a no-defense shooting PF who can't play any other spots.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not a fan of him. Seems overpriced.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I could see it going okay next year. I do not envision it aging well at all, though.

13. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Is this similar to settling for the fat girl at the end of the night instead of just going home and rubbing one out?

14. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Look at it this way: $94m salary cap + low supply of players to high demand of greater number of teams = inflation of price points.

Either pay to play or stay out of the market and hide your money under your mattress.

15. dmoneybangbang

The PNR with him on the court is going to be pretty.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

HOU Rockets--the all-offense squad

17. spark06

spark06 Member

The Battier comparison is absolutely atrocious. I can't even acknowledge such stupidity.

18. cml750

cml750 Member

I like Ryan Anderson but the deal was for too much. I know the market is sort of going crazy right now but 20 mil a season is superstar money to me. Anderson is good but he is no superstar. If he had signed for 15 mil a season or less I would be ecstatic. I think he will help the team but I believe we overpaid.

Also, to the ones talking about his defense, our defensive plan will be to outscore everyone.

19. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Good pickup. Maybe slightly on the high side but come on, our guys couldn't shoot for **** last season. Good to finally have a half decent shooter in a Rockets uniform.

20. spark06

spark06 Member

20 million USED to be superstar money. Not anymore. Lebron James will make 30-40 million on his next contract.