1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think this already started, no?

I was able to watch ep 1 on Go. Good Stuff.

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Can there by a spin-off series with Oberyn Martell or Brienne & Tormund raising a family?

4. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

A spin off i would like to see is the Doom of Valirya... Targaryens are a powerful house now but in Valirya they were one of the lower houses, makes you wonder what the other houses were like. A show on that would be cool.

5. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Correct, they aren't on her list. As I recall, she wanted to add the Freys but she didn't know their names.

6. smr6

smr6 Member

As someone said above there is a Crusader Kings mod for Game of Thrones.

Also there is a Medieval II: Total War mod for Game of Thrones as well:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/game-of-thrones

Both are good, so it really comes down to which is your preferred game if either of those interest you.

7. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Google Image "Neil Patrick Harris Young Ned Stark"

and you will see others thought so as well and even made a side by side picture.

8. Pete the Cheat

House Stark:
    10% Attack Bonus on Tundra Tiles
    Special Unit: Direwolf Warrior
    Special Building: Weirwood Tree

How many houses would qualify for +5 Movement to facilitate Plot Device?

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

They released the premiere early on HBOgo and HBOnow as a preview but it doesn't actually start until 7/10.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

We saw Varys in Kings Landing talking to the guy who Danny & her brother had been living with at the beginning about the Targaryean restoration way back in Season 1. He has always presented himself on that side. The only questionable action is that he was the one in charge of her assassination when the wine merchant tried to poison her. But it was his spy (Jorah) that saved her, so he may have communicated the danger to him. Varys was Master of Whisperers under the Mad King.

The show hasn't indicated that she wasn't kidnapped. Merely that she had his baby. He was married to Elia Martell at the time. Elia could no longer have children, and I assume he wanted another. He named his son after Aegon I & his daughter Rhaenys (after Aegon I's sister). He may have wanted another child to complete the set of 3 like the ones that had originally conquered Westeros.

Season Finale was fast forward. The main players are all in Westeros for the very first time. The Freys, Sparrows, Tommen, & Tyrells were all wiped out in a single episode. Almost all of the major players are in Winterfell, Kings Landing, or on their way to Kings Landing. Arya, the Red Women (I assume the other one will eventually come back into play), and the Brotherhood are the only parties that seemingly need to be brought to some unknown conclusion.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Re-watching Season 1 of the Wire - it's even more remarkable now than it was then.

12. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

While the show hasn't confirmed that she wasn't kidnapped it seems very likely to me considering what has been said about Rhaegar by some of the most honorable people on the show that served the Targaryens, including Ser Barristan. Of course, maybe he went mad too without Sir Barriston realizing it. I would be shocked if Ser Barristan would have admiration for Rhaegar if he truly kidnapped her against his will? Either way, I guess it doesn't matter.

Apparently he could fight but I remember Barristan saying he was kind and gentle. I can't find the exact quote but I know it occurred on the show but maybe not in the books.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I used to think Robert might be Jon's dad or that Gendry might become a factor down the line because of Mel's visions. There's something to that, just not sure what anymore. Ideas? Why the mistake?

14. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

There's nothing pointing to Robert being Jon's dad..
    I have no clue what they will do with the Gendry storyline.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree, Robert thing is over - but there definitely was smoke there at one point. Something is up with those visions though.

16. conquistador#11

lol "what do I need 3 billion dollars for."

If cuban didn't own the mavs, he'd be one rad dude.

17. Nero

Nero Member

I think the Baratheon's line has been wiped out, apart from whatever bastards Robert may have fathered. Robert, Renly & Stannis, all gone. No one else from that line with a claim to the throne, especially now that Tommen is dead as well - not that anyone still thought Tommen was legit any more anyway.

I didn't notice if they mentioned it - what name did Cersei use when taking the throne? Lannister or Baratheon?

Anyway, I doubt we see Gendry again, as the time frame in which he would have been important has passed by. Odd, since that was the entire reason Jon Aryn was murdered way back at the beginning, which started the whole mess with the Starks in the first place.

1 person likes this.
  18. cebu

cebu Member

That's how you separate church and state.

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I'd watch!

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I now proclaim Cersei of House Lannister
    Queen of the Andals, and first men
    Protector of the seven kingdoms.

#2880 heypartner, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016