1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Royals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 24, 2016.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That's what worries me...the fact that we are considering that "progress" for Dallas.

Giving up 4 runs in 7.1 innings (115 pitches) against the Rangers.

Only going 5 innings against TB (throwing 89 pitches and completely falling apart in his last inning).

His game against the Reds was solid...Im happy he performed well, but I'd like that kind of performance against playoff quality teams as well.

I guess this is better than most of his previous starts, but he's currently the starter that I have the least confidence in...and thats a crappy feeling.

2. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I think Seattle has a good team, and LA has everyone injured.
    Rangers i have no idea how they are winning so much

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Astros vs. Royals thread. Please stay on topic.

4. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

And that game against the Reds, he gave a 2 run lead by the 5th inning.
    K last year would NOT give a 2 run lead at home, no way, that was game over in the first

5. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

My friend, a member talked about the Rangers in this topic, ok?????

And is on topic, ok? We won, but Rangers are ALSO winning.

If you have something against me, don't make it obvios.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

When you're the reigning Cy Young Award winner... You get to be judged a little differently.

In this case, context is key...

Dallas should never have pitched into the 8th against the Rangers. Was a bad decision by him and Hinch. I'll take 7 innings 2 ER on the road, against that lineup/team, every time.

The TB game was again another contextual study... His 4 innings of 1 hit/8K ball was literally the best he's been at any point over the last 2 years. The 5th inning being a comedy of errors, while the team had still failed to score him any runs, all culminated into a **** show.

Yes, I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of what he was able to do over the last two years... He's earned that. No doubt the heavy work-load has reeked havoc with his mechanics/velocity early on... But I am encouraged by the last 3 starts prior to this one.

Pitchers do hit a wall where they just can't be lights out every single start... See Tim Lincecum. However, as long as he's not being an idiot and pitching with a tear somewhere, he still has the stuff/moxy to get out of this.

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That's mostly why I still go into every one of his starts thinking that I'll finally get an 8 inning, 1 run performance. I'll still hold out hope though.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sure thing.... And he did actually have one of those early this year with no runs (against Detroit)... Back when it was still early.

There's also the fact that he's battled through adversity/struggles before to eventually be excellent.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Nothing against you. This is a thread to discuss the Astros/Royals series. Just pointing that out as you so eloquently did in the last series thread.

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

Rangers blew it

11. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Well good News, sox scored 3 in the 9th and tied

12. cardpire

cardpire Member

they are up 1.

bad for wild card though.

can't have it all

13. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Be careful!!!!! There is a police patrol friend and he does not want anyone talking about the Rangers

14. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

4! Rangers running into some "bad luck" finally.

15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

It sounded like Fenway in Arlington tonight. Must be nice to have a following like that around the country.

16. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Preston Wilson on MLB Network is hilarious.

17. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I was at a Boston sports bar (mainly Red Sox) in NYC of all places. Not going to lie, I enjoyed the atmosphere - it was for the USA-ARG game.

Back OT:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Valbuena's fine. He will play tomorrow.</p>&mdash; Brian McTaggart (@brianmctaggart) <a href="https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/746545361288847361">June 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Good news.

18. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Still can't believe we are 38-36. What a damn turnaround

19. verse

verse Contributing Member

As soon as he swung and missed, Valbuena clutched at his lower back. There's no way I would run him out there tomorrow. No need to aggravate what could potentially become a lingering problem. MarGo and Reed can fill in, especially as well as the team is playing as of late. It's not like the team is solely riding Luis' coattails lately. It's been a group effort and the group should be able to handle a week off from LV.

20. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Is there a way to rewatch those first two innings?