1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Durant NOT considering Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well that sucks, someone credible said it this time.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/86lczf7Bou8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Durant will toy with couple of teams here

His mind is set on OKC, with a slight chance going to the Warriors, Spurs, Wizards if they accomodate him enough

5. chandlerbang21

Durant’s public and private criteria for the free-agent selection process have pertained to a singular focus: the chance to win titles immediately........ AKA dont waste your time Morey

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Or common sense was used

7. sabesque

sabesque Member

It's just surprising that as early as yesterday James was talking about how he was going to recruit him.

I didn't think we would have a real shot at it, but given their friendship I'm surprised that KD wouldn't give him a heads up if they were not going to get a meeting.

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Another wasted summer coming up.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

Time to move on.

I feel like we've got a shot at Horford if Atlanta doesn't offer the 5 year max. But they will, so time for plan C.

I don't like Conley or Whiteside at the max.

Resign DMo, pickup a couple of Ariza style vets, bring over Llull and Gentile, and look for an opportunistic trade or two.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is great news frankly. Well second best. Rockets top of his list obviously the best but that was so unlikely.

Now DM can focus on a more achievable but still great plan whatever that is. And of KD is still out there and interested in meeting hopefully Rockets have landed someone else already.

Regarding his top choices ... Hope he stays with Thunder. Rich don't need to get richer. Spurs, Warriors, Clippers... Almost unfair ... Really doesn't sit well with me either. I get that all champions play with other great great players .... Just seems like some real coattail riding.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Haha... I prefer Conley and Whiteside at the max than Horford. Horfords mad is huge and he's old and imo not as well suited to an MDA offense. He'd do fine but he's kind of like a Gasol light and MDA and Gasol weren't a perfect match. Whiteside seems just to be longer more athletic big. Less methodical in his game.

12. hvic

hvic Member

Time to lock this thread

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

If KD goes to Golden State he will be dead to me. But I doubt that will happen. He seems like an OKC lifer to me.

Anyways I get the feeling Morey will put all his chips in one basket like he has in the past while star chasing and wait for KD while good FAs get snatched and we get stuck with scraps.

14. Sanity2disChaos

I'm trying to figure out what Morey has actually done in preparation of Durants free agency.

15. Sanity2disChaos

It's an official Bit#h move if he joins the spurs or Warriors.

Hope he stays in OKC or go home like Bron.

I do think he has a soft spot for Houston but Morey has done nothing to make him want to come here. Nothing.

16. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

Even though it's pretty early to say this, I'm sure at the end of the day there are going to be a lot of fans who will feel this way. And to be quite honest not doing much this summer is probably the right thing to do.

There's durant, who is giving meetings but everyone agrees is most likely to stay put. There's the next rung of horford, and Conley, who are also likely to stay. Then there's another rung of guys who are going to get maxed out. The whiteside and bazemore and parsons of the world. Then there's another tier of players who are going to be flat paid, way more than their value. It's a weak FA class coupled by the fact that every team has money to spend.

Regardless of how damn disappointed last season was, do we really want morey to make bad decisions just out of itchiness?

17. basketballholic

18. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Fixed it for you...

19. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'm sure Rockets will get a visit from KD.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/746555732091273220">June 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

How he knows?

He got access to Rockets organization, who knows?