1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gentile on his way?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, Jun 13, 2016.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

What gives you this insight? Or is that just a silly incite? :confused:

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Epic pull!

3. hakeemthagreat

Don't want

You guys will find 15 reasons why the Rockets shouldn't go after guys like Harrison Barnes, or Nicolas Batum. But turn around & praise some unknown Euro guy that hasn't touched a NBA court. No thank you:)

4. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Looks and plays like a Tim Tebow. All he does is win!

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Boki knows what's up

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Watching Game 5. I really love the direction where NBA basketball is going. Fast, open, dynamic game. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBAFinals?src=hash">#NBAFinals</a></p>&mdash; Boštjan Nachbar (@BokiNachbar) <a href="https://twitter.com/BokiNachbar/status/742829205268893696">June 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Usually teams in finals slow down and play more controled basketball. Both teams with first open shot mentality. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBAFinals?src=hash">#NBAFinals</a></p>&mdash; Boštjan Nachbar (@BokiNachbar) <a href="https://twitter.com/BokiNachbar/status/742830431066836992">June 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Having said that, not many teams (or players) can play like this. That's what makes this finals special. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBAFinals?src=hash">#NBAFinals</a></p>&mdash; Boštjan Nachbar (@BokiNachbar) <a href="https://twitter.com/BokiNachbar/status/742830935754874880">June 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Whoa! Boki talks English good!

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

His offensive arsenal is better than Smith, Brewer, Ariza, KJ, and Jones, possibly Dekker...that's more than enough reason to give him a look.

He's actually more like Beasley in his style than our typical 3/4s.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's a harsh criticism. I'm hoping he won't be that bad defensively but you might be right.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i meant offensively..not sure of his defense...although he looks too slow to be a good defender, he could turn out to be ultra competitive on both ends and that might help his defensive effort.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, yeah, I could see that. Neither have 3 point range but at least in his current league he can score, I worry that it won't translate properly to the NBA where he'll be up against better, more athletic defenders than he's ever faced before on a nightly basis. Either way, we can hope for the best.

11. fv court

fv court Member

Gentile's on my mind
    [​IMG]

12. fv court

fv court Member

13. htownking

htownking Member

He's a decent playmaker and offensive player. He can run the pick and roll, get to the rim and make the right pass.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Gentile for the Room Exception might be a nice addition.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Looks like Barcelona wants to make an offer of 7 million Euros for two seasons. I don't know if that's the reason behind the "my time with Milano is coming to an end" or if this is something in addition to the Rockets' interest:

http://www.eurohoops.net/featured/262838/barcelona-reportedly-gives-7-millions-to-gentile

According to “El Mundo Deportivo“, Barcelona is ready to give “as it’s rumored in Italy, an offer of 7 million euros for a two year contract” to Alessandro Gentile.

The Italian scorer is leaving Milano and Barcelona would like to add him in its roster in order to be able to compete for the Euroleague title. According to “El Mundo Deportivo” text “as the Italian newspaper “Il Corriere dello Sport” says the club has already presented a dizzying offer the player of 7 million gross for two seasons, a huge offer in order to try to compete with the last to be added to the bidding war, Turkish club Darussafaka, which has 30 million euros to create a great team that, under David Blatt, can compete for the title of the next Euroleague”.

The 7 millions include the taxes, so the salary that Gentile will get would be almost the half of it. Still it’s one of the best offers he can get in Europe. Barcelona is already targetting Malcolm Delaney with a similar contract offer, while the team is getting ready for the upcoming Liga Endesa finals.

16. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

His shooting maybe a big problem and can't be fixed easily.

17. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

I'll take him. Looks to have a mature, all around offensive game. You can't tell me he's a worse shooter than brewer. We need smart offensive players.

18. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

This gives me pause as well. The Rockets are clearly lacking reliable shooters and that is a requisite to D'Antoni's offense.

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Better than you, I see... :grin:

20. malakas

malakas Member

well..Milano's GM said yesterday to the italian media that Gentile most likely will leave Italy. He also talked about the buyout which is 700 k.
    He also said that he believes that Gentile will prefer to go to another European team (Barca and CSKA made him rich offers last year) than the NBA. That he thinks that Gentile wants first to establish himself in the top tier in Europe and then one day in the NBA like Datome
    Source: http://www.gazzetta.it/Basket/15-06...no-divorzio-fine-un-ciclo-1501077271906.shtml