1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Seth Curry Hype thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wangmuncher, Jun 1, 2016.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

6th man backing up bev at 17m per like tristan and enes. having a max player off the bench has proven successful for okc and cavs.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I kind of like the fact that he's in the shadow of Steph...he's worked hard to stick in the league because of it, so I feel like he's going to keep pushing himself....if anyone can provide insight on how to make a large leap, it's steph and he's going to have him in his corner 24/7.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He's a very very good shooter. I'd like to have him on the bench. But if we're in a place where we have 5-6m in cap space and we're offering it to Seth Curry I think that means we've done really poorly this offseason.

From the looks of it, free agency is going to be expensive and we have starter positions to fill. Realistically, we need a PF that can shoot, a C with experience, a starter/backup PG that is good at passing the ball and then we should look at these things. I don't know that there will be money left over after that.

4. dischead

dischead Member

Good idea. Steph might take it easy on us if his brother is here.

5. chandlerbang21

worst first post in history

6. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

With the rising caps, 4 years 5-8 mill per with team option on 4th would be a total win. If what I read is correct, the cap will go up again after this balloon of $107 mill. Locking up a young but capable rotational player into their prime at less than 1/10th and possibly 1/20th of the cap would be a huge win. At that point you can develop or trade. Like Chandler Parsons on that contract we had him, that was a great contract! Morey didn't have to let him go but at the same time he had to let him go.

So yeah, I'm on board. I'm also greedy and would take him into his next contract on a lowball contract.

Again I think we need to pick up golden state shooting coach. Everyone on that team has developed a shot except Bogut.

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I'm in favor of signing him. We are in need of players who can shoot. Seth can. He has also shown signs of playmaking ability. He'd be a great spark off the bench. I think he's got enough motivation to become a more complete player and start. Buy low for sure.

8. Muaz

Muaz Member

He had a nice stretch at the end of the season. I mean it cant take more than 2 million to sign him. With him and Beasley on the bench you could do a lot worse tbh. Do we have the bi-annual exception if we go over the max for our other deals or did we use it last season?

9. alethios

alethios Member

He turned down 1 million next year by opting out of the Kings contract. My guess is he'll get something along the lines of 3yr/12 million or even 3/15 with a team option.

10. theangrycanary

he has always been known as a dead eye shooter. if he maintains his 45 percent three he will go down as one of the top five shooters of all time

and isn't the rockets whole offense predicated on the three ball? Seriously... all we do is jack up threes but no one on our squad can shoot.

sign him already

11. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Why not, it's not like they are going to play any defense this season, lol

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Troy Daniels would be better for this team.

DD

1 person likes this.
  13. Misa

Misa Member

Do it, then we can lure his brother here

14. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Will Mrs. Curry be at the game grinding? If so, I'm all for this acquisition.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don't think he's a point guard. He doesn't seem to be able to do anything well but shoot. Ding ding ding; we need shooters. And it doesn't matter if he can't dribble to get his own shot because MDA is now our coach and his offense is predicated on shooting off the pass.

Sign the kid and add several more...shooters!

16. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

He can run and gun,a good fit in MDA system.

17. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I disagree. Curry can handle the ball and dish the rock. Had a 15 assist game somewhere last season. If Daniels shot isn't falling he's hot garbage. But I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back either.

18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

He's capable of running the offense if need be, but understand the point your making, agree.

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Seth over Troy definitely, but only as 3rd string.

20. Raiden87

Raiden87 Member

Currysanity