1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Diamondbacks

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 30, 2016.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Ditto!

2. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I've heard him speak on the radio a few times and hadn't picked up on it...and watched some interviews about club Astros and he didn't stutter. Today was the first time that I saw where he was really struggling to get words out.

And for those talking about the banquets and charities...none of that means that he currently has an issue with stuttering.

4. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Yea he has certainly had it for his entire Astros career, I remember one of the first times he was interviewed it was pretty bad. I think Nick is right that the more "wired up" he is from the situation, the worse it is.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its pretty situational... most people with a history of stuttering describe certain situations where it always affects them more than others.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

I had a friend of mine who stuttered pretty bad when he spoke but when he started rapping - no problem at all. I'm really impressed with Springer though. He is not ashamed of it. He doesn't shy away from interviews and talks about it publicly. Honestly, I root for him more than any other player on the Astros. I love what he does with the fans every home game too.

7. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Playoff Odds have increased by over 11% in the last week according to FanGraphs.

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Our pitchers have been very unlucky this season.

The team's ERA is 13th in the AL, but they have a FIP and xFIP of 3rd best and 2nd best in the conference.

The Rangers have a middle of the pack ERA while having the worst FIP in the conference and the 2nd worst xFIP.

Also the team's pitching WAR of 6.2 is 3rd highest in the AL.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Knowing about the banquets and charities, then hearing him talk would answer the initial question.

No biggie, though.... Go Stros!

Keep up the good work Springtime.... on and off the field!!

Nice stats. Unfortunately, Rangers results might continue being well with Darvish's return.

Hopefully our staff can see better results.

#409 Houstunna, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  10. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Astros?src=hash">#Astros</a> were 17-12 in May with SIX one-run losses.</p>&mdash; 'Stros Fan (@astroslogy) <a href="https://twitter.com/astroslogy/status/737882684630962182">June 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So they are at 12% now? :)

12. Buck Turgidson

How could you tell?