1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden vs Klay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Apr 18, 2016.

1. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

lol...

How is harden still in this conversation.

2. Harden's beard

based off of playoff performance this year? there's a legit case to be made for Harden > Durant.

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

To tell you the truth it should be Klay vs Curry

I even said this last season.

Dude plays both ends of the court. And if his shot isn't falling he isn't shut out of the game.

Curry has looked absolutely pedestrian a lot of this series. And it defies belief that OKC stopped defending him they way they did earlier in the series.

But I digress.

Defends the other teams best player. And doesn't shrink when the big time comes.

Curry let his bench win last game. Curry let Klay win this game and only came to play in the dying moments.

It is an absolute joke this guy is a unanimous MVP.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yes. The plan is, run to the 3-pt line (or 10 feet behind it), spot up, receive the ball and fire. The people who think GSW is more strategy than unbelievable skill are completely clueless.

5. Harden's beard

This is important. I have no problem acknowledging Klay is a great player, but to be consistent we need to reevalute Curry's worth in GSW.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Klay serves that 3rd team NBA spot.

7. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Harden doesn't have a Curry to keep the pressure off him so of course Klay and throw up a 1000 three's!

8. Drogba

Drogba Member

These guys don't realize the more they prop up Klay, the more they discredit their bumboy Curry.

Why the Michael Jordan level of expectations on Harden's shoulders if he's not even the best SG in the League?

9. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Who has MJ expectations for Harden?

10. hakeemthagreat

You my friend, are the one clueless. If you watch GS Thompson & Curry actually come off screens, pick & rolls and other things to get open. If you play them close they drive for layups. There's a system in place that gets them good shots

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Basically
    Klay plays on a team where . .. the other four players are better at practically every position. . . . maybe a tie/slight advantage at center. . . MAYBE

Rocket River

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Klays plays with ****ing Steph Curry. I mean yeah he's a fantastic shooter but let's not pretend that if he was literally the entire offense of a team for an entire season, that they would be any good.

14. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

You act like Curry got 12-2-6 and not nearly 30-10-10 with 6-11 3 pointers. Yes Klay outshined him, but its not like Curry hada bad game. He had about the same stats with better efficiency than Westbrook.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden is better than Klay Thompson. Ridiculous to think otherwise.

Reeko and Pen15clubber like this.
  16. Harden's beard

The point is Curry wasn't the major reason why GSW won tonight, and even the last game. Klay is averaging more points than Curry in this year's playoffs. For a supposed unanimous MVP, he's not leading his team that well.

I think people are starting to realize just how much help and talent Curry is surrounded with.

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'm commenting by using the eye test.

Stats can be incredibly misleading.

18. tksense

tksense Member

Superstar makes teammates better. What's wrong with that? And "starting to realize" a team with an MVP + two other top players = 73 wins? Can you realize they had 73 wins, as in historic? Klay being on 3rd team seems low now, but why does a good SG diminish the superstardom of a good PG?

They help each other, they don't fight over each other for shot attempts. They create for and celebrates each other's shot attempts. They have chemistry. Harden hasn't understood this part of the game yet. Curry does. That's why he's the MVP, same argument applies to 14-15 season.

Remember Harden's point of proving he's the MVP over the summer? That's how he opted to prove it: me me me. Curry proves it by supporting his teammates and winning games, picking his spots perfectly so everybody shines.

19. Harden's beard

Klay played even better when Curry went out due to injuries, so how is Curry making him better? Draymond was also balling in Curry's absence.

GSW almost made it to WCF without Curry, and he's not even the MVP of this series against OKC. That's your unanimous MVP?

Give all the credit to Klay and other players on GSW, but you can't have it both ways, Curry is not as important to that team as people once thought he was, that has been thoroughly proven in this year's playoffs.

20. chandlerbang21

Better at passing and drawing fouks maybe. Defense and shooting go to Thompsons.