1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Western Conference Finals] (1)Golden State vs. (3)Oklahoma City

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 12, 2016.

?

Who wins?

1. Warriors in 4

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Warriors in 5

42 vote(s)
    14.2%
  3. Warriors in 6

77 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. Warriors in 7

27 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Thunder in 4

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Thunder in 5

9 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Thunder in 6

85 vote(s)
    28.7%
  8. Thunder in 7

37 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. Other (Specify)

7 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Have you watched them to end the season and into the playoffs? Lots of games like these (Utah, Minny, Memphis, Boston) leading into the playoffs. Warriors peaked way too early. They're still a great team, just not unbeatable like earlier in the season.

Already lost 3 games in the playoffs. Lost 9 all season.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

please show us examples of this "plenty of space" where a hand isn't up right on the shot.

there isn't a pg in this league that can guard WB 1 on 1

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

GSW made a huge misstep tonight.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Great win for OKC, they are really clicking at the right time. Part of me still things GS just totally blows them out of the water from here on out and wins in 6, but I am pulling for OKC (always root against the team that beat the Rockets lol).

5. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Although they haven't won anything yet except for game 1, OKC really has a shot at the ring this year. This team is legit after dismantling the Spurs and methodically took the Warriors down at their home court.

- The Spurs were in trouble before they even went into the OKC series. By integrating Aldridge into their offense, the Spurs went away from what made them successful (the beautiful game) and turned into Shaq-Kobe pt II playing the inside-out with Leonard. This may have been successful a decade ago but in today's game, against elite competition, it's not going to fly.

- OKC's frontcourt is probably the best in the league right now with Adams and Kanter. They have a plethora of elite bigs that can play solid D and score in the post. Let's not forget, they still have Ibaka.

- Westbrook and Durant have matured

- Donovan is great coach who knows when to listen to his players and when to take control. He understands pace and matchups. He'll have a great NBA career ahead of him

I think OKC, if playing up to their potential, can topple this historically great GS team. The key here is "playing up to their potential".

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Steven Adams apologizes after calling Warriors guards "quick little monkeys"

7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Steven Adams actually is a great guy. He just plays that tough role on the court. Just a poor choice of words imo and I'm a young (25) black male myself. Ever since Halloween I've noticed how great his chemistry with Westbrook really is. (On Halloween Westbrook dressed up as Steven Adams). So, I wouldn't take any offense to this.

Serious question though: does New Zealand face racial problems as we do?

8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Either this team really wants to win (whether it's because they dont want KD to leave or not) or Donovan actually can coach. This Thunder team is playing better and adjustments seem to be made in the second half of each playoff game.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sorry my man <a href="https://t.co/yQ4dSaBwCu">pic.twitter.com/yQ4dSaBwCu</a></p>&mdash; Enes Kanter (@Enes_Kanter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/732426689041424385">May 17, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I think Steven Adams is becoming one of my fav players in the NBA.

11. sw847

sw847 Member

Growing up in nz the racial problems is not as severe. Obviously u gonna get the steriotypes with races, but I would say the discrimination is far less than a lot of places. As an asian kiwi, Asians do face some racism sometimes, not nearly as bad as in aus

12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks

13. MD_in_Training

Lol, how does this idiot even have a job? How is he any different from any of us at the GARM?

14. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Steven Adams is the X factor here, he made a HUGE difference doing the little things on the defensive end and did a fantastic job on the boards and getting the ball out quickly in transition.

There are games when GS loses and its because the may have been off shooting wise, but not this game. The Thunder played the perimeter REALLY well, I mean even those threes that Curry hit off the backboard were played really well, he just made ridiculous shot after shot but you can tell their shooters, Klay and Curry were not comfortable with the defense they were facing in the second half. Their rotations were quick, and their bigs are quick and able to rotate on picks. Another unsung hero was KD on defense, he got beat a few times off the dribble but did a fantastic job rotating in the perimeter and forcing some tough shots. This is the attention to detail it takes to defeat the Warriors. Great job Billy Donovan.

1 person likes this.
  15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm passively rooting for OKC to go all the way, or at least beat GS. But am I the only one who witnessed how horrible OKC's offense looked in the last five minutes or so? Literally no one outside of Durant/Westbrook touched the ball during the possessions, and no one other than Durant/Westbrook attempted a shot until Adams hustled for an offensive rebound and cleaned up Westbrook's bad alley attempt at the very end.

Way too many ill advised shots by Durant while he was ice cold. I can see him settling for that mid range jumper when he has it going, but KD is too talented and has too much offensive help on his team to keep doing that when he's not in a groove. We all knew that eventually he would hit one, but come on... Get to the free throw line or get someone else an open shot. That wasn't a good look at all IMO.

The Thunder are lucky that GS went ice cold during the middle of the 4th, because OKC would've no doubt squandered that lead and lost. That game shouldn't have been close at all down the stretch. For OKC to win three more games, they absolutely have to keep the ball moving and not be as predictable during crunch time.

If Durant and/or Westbrook have it going, then so be it. Beat that horse to death. But if not, I don't think OKC will eek out another win in the fashion that they did last night. GS is just too good to lose four times to ISOball.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope and that's why i mentioned careless mistakes on GS's end didn't allow them to capitalize on this as they were making their run back into this game within 3.

And like it or not the way OKC is playing is the way they have to play if they want to play to their strengths. They aren't going to change it and shouldn't All the criticism about trusting teammates so they need to pass it more isn't as ideal as others want to make it seem. People want to complain about how WB plays. No, WB is at his best in attack mode. He should never change that. There isn't a pg in this league that can stop him 1 on 1. Him being in attack mode opens up so much for their team. He's doing the defense a favor if he just sits back on cruise control.

ISOball might not be the ideal way to play for a lot of people but for OKC its absolutely a huge strength with both KD/WB and should be utilized. It works for them. Other guys have been doing there parts and contributing in a lot of respective role but they're only going as far as those two take them. In the end you live with the results, as you mentioned beat it to death.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

OKC Iso balled and smashed the Spurs, If you space properly and your big men are better at rebounding there's nothing wrong with how OKC plays.

Whenever Durant and Westbrook have the ball the defense have to think about helping, and if you help versus Kanter and Adams you lose so much positioning for rebounds.

19. hardLINer

hardLINer Member

he deleted his post already did not he?

20. noize

noize Contributing Member

Despite OKC winning game 1, their stagnant offense in the 4th qtr is still an issue. They will not win this series if this continues with just Westbrook/Durant taking the shots. You know GS will not score less then 15pts again in the 4th qtr again.