1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sirius XM

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Surfguy, May 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I had the 90 day trial with my new car and it was okay. I spent most of my time on the Pearl Jam channel because they played so many live bootleg recordings.

I also liked the Outlaw Country channel.

Now I just use Spotify. It's free and it sounds better in my car.

The music channels on DirecTV have more variety than Sirius IMO. And no DJs or commercials. I like putting on the reggae channel when we're hanging out in the backyard.

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I like my DJ'ed channels because I don't want to have to think about what I want to listen too. Tom and Stevie do my work for me.

I won't do "free" because I HATE commercials.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I've been a customer for like 5-6 years now. I just pay like $25 for 6 months every chance I have to renew. I like everything that is offered. They used to include Howard Stern with that package, but now it's on all access along with NFL games (which I don't care for). Overall I'm happy with it, and I'll continue to renew as long as the promotion is still there or their prices are reasonable.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Wait...are you saying you have to get a different, more expensive package if you want to get Howard Stern?

5. JJ

JJ Member

Shade 45 homie

6. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I have had Sirius since 2005. I listen to Howard Stern's channels 98% of the time. The cost of Sirius is worth it for Howard Stern alone. He's the greatest entertainer of all time.

7. ItsMyFault

Well you need the All-Access package for Howard Stern and that has no special promotional deal as far as I know. I know they have an A La Carte option too which lets you add certain channels, but I'm not sure how much that costs.

The popular deal that's been around for years has been with the Select package which is $25 for 6 months and that doesn't include NFL games or Howard Stern.

8. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've had it in my daily driver since around 2004. The only problem is the repetition of music, I guess, but then I enjoy listening to all kinds of music, CNBC, sports stations, etc. on it, so there's still variety. I doubt I'll ever go back to FM unless they do something like really jack up the rates. I should probably just call to cancel and see if I can get a better deal since they've been slowly raising rates since way back when.

10. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I'm one of the folks who paid 400 bucks for a lifetime membership when Sirius was starting up. They only let you transfer it three times so I moved it to streaming when my last car was sold. Wish I had satellite but haven't paid a cent to them in years. I love it.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I wish I had done that, but I hate giving that much money up front when I don't even know if the company will be around in 4 years. :(

12. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

It sucks that I cannot move it to new cars, but most cars have Bluetooth now. .

13. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

All Access can be had for $49.99 for 6 months, which is not a bad deal. I've opted for that one over the $24 deal a few times because it allows you to stream SiriusXM from your phone so we can use it in other cars. It does give you Howard Stern and NFL though I don't really use that much.

14. ItsMyFault

That's not bad then. I would probably consider that next time. I used to listen to Howard Stern occasionally when I had All Access, so for that price it might be worth it for me.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This. I've been playing this game with them for years. Even got them to throw in the full access for that price.

I was considering finally cancelling but the new Tom Petty channel has been pretty awesome. I'm keeping it if only for that.