1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

El torito should have been used more... He is fantastic

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's not directly about "winning" and "losing"-- the pay is about who is selling tickets, driving TV ratings and Network subscription and selling merchandise. I am guessing that Ryback isn't paid like some of the other guys because the company doesn't think he does not have economic value like these other guys.

I think Ryback does have some popularity and value, but it just seem that his opinion of his value doesn't quite match Vince's (and whatever data analysis the company does).

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, with all the new guys coming in, space has to be created to fit everyone in.

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Yeah Jim Ross said on cheap heat that she he was there doing payroll that it wasn't based on wins or losses but rather who was the bigger star. I mean when Cena goes out there and losses I doubt he is taking a pay cut. Ryback just seems frustrated with his place which he has the right to be. I just don't think he has any leverage at all so I doubt he gets what he wants

5. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah, pretty much win/losses don't matter much. It's if you are a top seller and can draw them butts in seats.

6. VanityHalfBlack

Do you guys think Vince is racist? How come junk yard dog or koko b ware never won a title when they was over with the crowd like a mofo? Booker T does not count, he didn't win it as a babyface. I'm rooting for Apollo Crews.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Vince will sell whatever he "thinks" will make him money. I think it says more about his perception of his audience than his personal feelings. Maybe it's a form of unconscious racism because he feels that way, but I highly doubt he simply doesn't push black people because he doesn't like them.

He pushed the hell out of Bobby Lashley, but he just never got all that over. Rock was half black, if everything else about him was the same except he had 2 black parents, Vince still would have pushed him because he saw money. Apollo Crews has gotten called up so quickly because they think he has a marketable look being as swoll as he is. Ahmed Johnson was another guy that got a big push back in the day for the same reason.

8. VanityHalfBlack

good point.

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

MaKe Darren Young Great Again

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Bob Backlund looks like he could still win the WWE championship in a third different decade

11. VanityHalfBlack

I feel sorry for anyone who just watches WWE only. Meet Adam Cole, your new Bullet Club member. ROH/NJPW for life!!

[​IMG]

12. VanityHalfBlack

The real bullet club has arrived. Poor AJ/Gallows/Anderson.

[​IMG]

13. VanityHalfBlack

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Ehhhhh idk man the meat and potatoes of the club is gone... At this point NJPW is just trying to keep squeezing every penny out of the name. It would be like if Hogan, Nash and Hall left NWO and everyone else went around calling themselves the NWO.

15. VanityHalfBlack

I'm with you. Aside from AJ, Gallows/Anderson have been kinda lukewarm so far in WWE. I'm still glad that they're here though, Will Finn stop trolling and now complete his stable once moved to the main roster? Balor Club would be huge for WWE.

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Not to mention that Adam Cole is the one guy outside the company that I bet is WWE bound baybay.

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'm sure he's def on HHH & Regal's radar.

Cole, Ricochet, Young Bucks, Omega, Zack Sabre Jr., Jay Lethal are all on a path too NXT/WWE

18. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Dana Brooke debuting on SD. Dana & Evil Emma are back

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Dana was on raw so not sure that's a spoiler... But I do like her and Emma together. They need more women stables/teams

20. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

It's actually Emma N' Dana aka END because all WWE/NXT women who team up or form a stable need to have 3 letter names.

BAE: Best at Everything
    PCB: Paige, Charlotte, and Becky
    B.A.D.: Beautiful and Dangerous
    BFF: Beautiful Fierce Females