1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think so too, he didn't want anything THAT bad to happen to Sansa so I don't think he'd have abandoned her there forever. He always had a plan to come back and overthrow the Boltons

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

It was refreshing to see olly hanging out with Jon. Was a bit worried about any tension between the two.

#682 jbasket, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. New Generation

Am I the only one bothered with our immature the writing was at the Small Council meeting?

Pysell (?) farts the moment he sees The Mountain.
    Queen of Thorns gives a direct insult to Cersei/Jamie (This one isn't too bad, but I'd like some more subtly to things...)
    The Small Council doesn't want to sit at the lunch table with Cersei and Jamie so they get up and move.

?????? I'm sure that could have been handled better. Everyone was so out of character it was ridiculous

4. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Sooo was anyone else excited that there was an actual reference to The Hound in this episode?

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

He sold the rights...it is his own fault.

And LOL at the book readers whining about dialogue and plot lines. As someone who only read the first two a while back, I think this season has been on par.

#685 Blake, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Having read the last 2 books, and given how long it is taking him to write, I have no confidence the final books are gonna be any good. Not that I think they will be bad, just that there will be a ton of superfluous material filling out his encyclopedia sized books.

I think the show will have a much more entertaining and focused conclusion.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We don't KNOW he is dead, just suspect it.

DD

8. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I still think there is something up than what they are portraying in the show as far as The Umbers and Rickon, and Osha. That wolf head didn’t look big enough to be Shaggy Dog. If you look at the size of Ghost, and he was supposed to be the runt, SD would have been a lot bigger. Also when they showed Greywind at the Red Wedding he was a lot bigger than that head the Umber guy threw up there.

I really hope that’s the case, it would be fked up if they killed another Starl heir. They are quite valuable at the moment.

Oh, and I think that the “little birds” are fkin over Qyburn, I think they are still working for Varys.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

STOP KILLING THE ****ING WOLVES FFS

10. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Yep..... I cant stand her. The way she just stares off into space when she talks and it takes 5 minutes for her to say all hergdumb titles/names.

11. Pete the Cheat

I believe that's called foreshadowing....
    Cersei already resigned to trial by combat as well...

12. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's exactly how I feel about it. It makes the world feel rich and alive and adds importance to every character. It's never been a book about the story of one character but the story of the world he's created, so when he goes to Dorne or the Iron Islands that's part of the story too.

Also to those saying it is too bad he didn't get to write the ending, he does. The show will have a very very different ending it looks like. There are characters...massive characters at that still alive in the books that are dead in the show.

14. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

First ep was a lot of setup, but this season has been excellent so far. Really like the pace of these last two episodes.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Heavy handed symbolism for the twins and a weak king losing political power with might as their last resort. Not sure why the uncle is siding with the Tyrells. A bit short sighted...

I liked the fart though

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

He respected Tywin but has zero respect for the twins, I would guess he sees the Tyrells as equals especially Lady Olenna.....

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Jon on the march to Winterfell with the Wildlings at his back and Davos and Melisandre at his side. Book it

And I guess Sansa will just miss Jon at Castle Black.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The uncle is rational and believes in things being handled the right way. Cersei is a petulant B who has no authority. He has objected to her from the beginning. If you'll recall he had issues with her trying to be the moutpiece of the king.

What is amazing to me is that the King has gone on and on about his mother, but his wife is still in prison. Her father commands the largest army in Westeros. What are they doing?

Cersei said that the High Sparrow has 70 followers. Mace Tyrell commands the entire Tyrell army. Kevan Lannister is the King's hand. They control the city guard, the Kingsguard AND the Lannister forces.

Yet they can't go get her and kill the Sparrow because The Mountain can't fight them all alone? LOLWUT?

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think Tommen wanted to storm the place before his mom got taken but Cersei said that his wife would certainly be the first casualty if they tried that.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I thought the high sparrow talking with the King, during the last episode, basically helped him explain the situation to him to prevent an all-out war.

I'm sure the King could order all of those things.... but as of right now, he's actually hearing the church's side of things, which may or may not be influencing his decision making.

Also, Cersei (and by extension, the Mountain) doesn't really care about Margery... she just wants them to suffer because they made her suffer.