1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

The Mountain.

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

She gave birth to a demon baby, it's not exactly a different universe for her to bring Snow back. I think people know that it's on the show writers now and not Martin so they're being extra critical, even of things that have always been present. The pace has jumped out faster but otherwise it feels just like the game of thrones I've been watching the last 5 years.

3. HookemHorns1250

I'm interested in what type of "John" we are getting back.

4. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  5. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

YES! the "Please" showed how vulnerable she was and how much faith she had lost. She was at her most lowest point and you could feel it with her. Our luxury is that we knew what would happen.

another thing, when Jon woke up, all I could think was 7 days in Hell. Damn you Andy Sandberg!

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes I thought of that resurrection scene in the cave when the hound fought by the lord of light.

DD

7. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

So much packed in that episode. Can't even blink without a leader getting whacked or My Lord Commander making a comeback. Also loved how the Zombie Mountain facebook stalking the haters and the giant wildling tenderizing crow against the Castleblack walls.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Resurrection in the show has terrible consequences (only death can pay for life), so it better not be just abracadabra from Melisandre

9. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

I think this first 2 episodes felt a little rushed because they had to resurrect Jon.. They couldn't drag this on for too long. Ep3 will have those flashbacks but I think after that we will go back to our normal GOT pace. Then probably the big battle in EP9.

I thought it was a great episode but I'm biased as hell... been waiting for that scene for 5 years now.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I think my favorite part was the giant grabbing the crow off the balcony and smashing him on the wall.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That quote is from a different set of rules and beliefs. The various religions in game of thrones all have these different beliefs and they all seem to hold some kind of magical power in the world.

Dondarrion comes back at not such high a price, he's just apparently more somber which I imagine would happen if you keep coming back from the dead.

In regards to Snow, rewatch that seen someone else linked. That's what is relevant here.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Even on the show Beric D. came back 6 times, and Thoros of Mir wasn't sacrificing anyone to get him back to life. I think the "only death can pay for life" rule is more of a self imposed rule of the Faceless god.

13. New Generation

I'm kind of annoyed at the new Greyjoy addition. I honestly didn't really care for that bloodline outside of Theon, and now they're adding a new player and taking away screen time for them :mad:

14. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

They are an important piece in the books.. I agree so far the show hasn't done a really good job at it. We'll get a kingsmoot which should be interesting.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

They really should have killed off Balor and taken care of this Kingsmoot last season or the season before. They are probably just going to rush through a lot of the Greyjoy stuff now.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

re: Greyjoys, it seems obvious where they are going

ships in Mereen got burned, Greyjoys have ships, Asha talks about doing something else besides trying to conquer the mainland, Greyjoy fleet will go to Mereen to form an alliance with Dany (with the new character Euron intent on marrying her)

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Robo Mountain vs. Wun Wun

Who would win?

18. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I imagine Asha or rather Yara(sigh) will go and try to help bring Theon back since he is not going to journey with Sansa any longer. All this is on point tho.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

While I get the criticisms about pacing, I think those criticisms also overlook the positives out of the faster pace...

Which is, the episodes have been awesome. Yes, the pace is faster, but let's get real, this is real life, this is season 6, and it simply can't go on forever. There's a TON of story here. We haven't seen any white walker story line yet. We got no Danaerys in episode 2. Etc.

The first two episodes have felt like the penultimate episodes of the last seasons. So maybe we'll get that all year. And I guess for those that prefer a slow burn to a crescendo, I get not liking such pace. But in my view, awesome episodes after awesome episode after awesome episode leading to even awesomer f'ing episode... it's a-ok with me.

Finally, as an aside, the CGI on this show now is fantastic. The dragons and the direwolf look fabulous.

That said, the people of the iron islands build huge ass castles on top of small rocks in the ocean, but can't do anything better than a barely standing wooden bridge??

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

its not like the bridge broke. it stayed strong throughout the storm. whats the beef?