1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better hope Thunder lose badly

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Apr 30, 2016.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes. Horford IMO is super underrated. I think Ibaka is a bit overrated too, but yes he's a starting level player and a super role player. Horford is an all-star caliber player.

2. Fundamental

Fundamental Rookie

if this ends in 5 games or less, i think durant will leave...how could he not....OKC is nowhere near the spurs level

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Let Durant rot in methlahoma. They suck.

4. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Holy cow. This beat down is Rocketsesque.

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, SA making OKC look like the Rockets against GSWs.

6. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

If the thunder get swept KD is leaving to Houston. Even the Rockets won one against the best team ever albeit without out Curry. Still. KD, Beasly, Harden, Horford/Conley will be the hottest team next year!

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So in this way JBB will be the Rockets head coach for next 4 years?

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Legacy with the fans maybe.

Win a few rings, who's gonna say anything? "Well you won with a stacked team, it doesn't count/mean as much." LeBron's rings don't have asterisks on them from Miami. :) Neither would Durant's.

Agree here.

Hard to see him joining the team that just kicked his ass, if they in fact do so (in the case of the Spurs). "These guys just beat our ass. I'm going to join them." Ehhh....

9. weopeo9744

weopeo9744 Member

That's why we need Messina

10. Fundamental

Fundamental Rookie

gsw and okc are light years ahead of other teams

11. hlcc

hlcc Member

Still with the cap room expected to explode both next year and the year after, I can't imagine why Durant would sign anything other than a 2 year deal (2nd year player option, just like what Lebron did)

12. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

If they get swept he is leaving 100%. Even if they just lose 4-1 or 4-2, he's likely leaving, I believe.

Where to though is the major question.

13. Fundamental

Fundamental Rookie

this game 1 looks awfully alot like the heat vs spurs finals from 2014...a couple of stars (lebron and wade) way in over their heads against the well oiled spurs machine

14. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

25% of the job is complete

15. PhiSlammaJamma

They got smacked in the face, but Durant can do nothing here unless we add a third player, and I have no idea who that would be right now outside of aging vets or a borderline all star. His best chance is actually in Oklahoma where they might still be able to add someone and get some help.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh definitely, in the end a ring is a ring. Not that they'd have an asterisks with it but Lebron's legacy certainly took a hit because people perceived it as front running.

This stuff matters to players though. I know Pippen forever wanted to win a ring without Jordan and Kobe without Shaq and vice versa. I mean it matters to different players.

If Durant for example want to be compared to Jordan and such I imagine him going to GSW or SAS isn't going to help? I imagine the argument no matter how many rings he wins will be "But yeah, he had to play on a super team to do it." whether he cares about that or not....well let's hope he does.

17. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

OKC @ SAS - 4/30 - L 92-124
    OKC @ SAS - 5/2
    SAS @ OKC - 5/6
    SAS @ OKC - 5/8
    OKC @ SAS - 5/10 (NOT NECESSARY)
    SAS @ OKC - 5/12 (NOT NECESSARY)
    OKC @ SAS - 5/15 (NOT NECESSARY)

18. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Every team that thinks they have a shot at Durant is rooting for the Spurs to annihilate the Thunder. That includes the Warriors.

19. rocketsmetalspd

Don't anything about this coach. What has he done in the NBA or is this his first job in the NBA?

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

Unfortunately this will make KD only respect the Spurs more. IMO they have a better shot landing him than us even with the Harden factor. San Antonio closer to Austin (UT) #HookEm