1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thibs and Brooks being considered by the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Apr 13, 2016.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Guys nightmare scenario .... We win the tile , JB will have to be held on to .

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

for a championship i'll trade JBB being our coach for life.

3. apugh832

apugh832 Member

My wish list in order...

1. JVG
    2. Sampson (UH)
    3. Thibs

I do not want Scott Brooks, I want a real coach. No disrespect. Im tired of the great relationship guys. I don't want a friend, I want a coach.

A strategic defensive minded coach, equipped offensively with X's and O's, concepts and a master communicator. Someone fearless. Cant be afraid to look my best player square in the eye when time to be held accountable or challenged as a player or leader. I want my next head coach to to be old school.

Blue collar.
    Selfless.
    Confrontational.
    Master Communicator.
    Leader of men.

4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Your coaching wish list?

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As Wizards start coaching search, Scott Brooks emerges as top candidate. <a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA">@WojVerticalNBA</a> report on <a href="https://twitter.com/TheVertical">@TheVertical</a>. <a href="https://t.co/EHgZpdky4y">https://t.co/EHgZpdky4y</a></p>&mdash; The Vertical (@TheVertical) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheVertical/status/720465595905544193">April 14, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

I wonder if Thibs and JVG are working day and night to come up with their own game plans to stop the Warriors. I bet they'd both like a chance to coach a good team in the West, but i think ultimately Thibs goes to NY. Its apparently his dream job.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Chris Mannix
    Chris Mannix – Verified account ‏@ChrisMannixYS

Tom Thibodeau will be at the top of a lot of lists, but there are strong indications that Thibs is looking for personnel power, per sources.
    8:40 PM - 13 Apr 2016

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tom Thibodeau will be at the top of a lot of lists, but there are strong indications that Thibs is looking for personnel power, per sources.</p>&mdash; Chris Mannix (@ChrisMannixYS) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status/720456725208424449">April 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. jk103

jk103 Member

IMO Thibs is the only choice. He's a PERFECT fit here, guess we'll see if Morey's willing to set his ego aside for the team.

10. mingthething

mingthething Member

what about David Blatt?

11. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

You guys are smoking if you think they will keep Bick as head man. They have to show some support after the McHale nightmare, massaging PR at its finest. What were they supposed to say.

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he's the worst god forsaken abomination to happen to rockets basketball since scottie pippen?
    and they dont let their kids watch the games this season cuz 'thats not basketball'?

or just do that political correct thing where they dont encourage him but will stick by him or w/e

13. SemisolidSnake

Isn't Brooks supposed to be some sort of Durant-attractant as well or some nonsense? I don't know; I feel like I've heard that, though. Since there's a 99.9999% chance of Durant not coming here, I hope we pick the very best coach we can get, period, and not an inferior choice trying to pursue the pipe dream of a never-coming Durant.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Oh helllllllllllllllllllllllllll no. Have fun in Sota.

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Thibs!!!Thibs!!!Thibs!!!Thibs!!!Thibs!!!Thibs!!!Thibs!!!Thibs!!!Thibs!!!Thibs!!!
    Thibs!!!Thibs!!!Thibs!!!Thibs!!!Thibs!!!Thibs!!!Thibs!!!Thibs!!!Thibs!!!Thibs!!!

16. Mr Chuck Norris

bye morey!

17. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

If the Rockets under JB beat the Warriors in a series, I will tattoo the Rockets logo and JB's face on both my left and right ass cheeks respectively.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Harden's minutes are already basically maxed out as it is, so I'm not too concerned about that. Other starters would probably see a jump in their minutes, but who the f do we have that's so valuable we need to coddle them (assuming Dwight is gone).

19. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Give me luke walton!

20. FeaR

FeaR Member

If Thibs want front office power, he can go somewhere else. I don't want him here.