1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Murder investigation after woman found dead at UT Austin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dc rock, Apr 7, 2016.

1. nono

nono Member

Black Lives Matter !

2. Pringles

Pringles Member

Not the time, nor the place man. :rolleyes:

3. nono

nono Member

And why is that ? LOL @ anyone who didn't think this was a black guy.

2 people like this.
  4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Well, he could have scavenged and found her belongings. Highly unlikely, but possible. Until charged, he's a suspect. Police will need a confession or forensic evidence.

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is true, good points.

6. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

I didn't know Quanell X posted on here.

7. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Not sure how BLM movement killed this student, but please continue :rolleyes:

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That 4th to last paragraph on there wow.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Yeah tell us how you really feel about black people , nono.

In a thread about a tragic murder of a college student, there sure are some bizarre comments

10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Was the guy a BLM advocate.

11. Pringles

Pringles Member

Cause you are stereotyping and shaming an entire race based on your racial prejudice.

I, as a student who currently lives in West Campus, did not assume the victim was black (obviously before the video came out). I did think it was probably a homeless person from the amount of homeless people that roam around the surrounding areas of campus. Most of the homeless people are fine, but there have been few crazy aggressive ones lately. In reality, most of the homeless are generally white, and the few aggressive ones that my friends and I have experienced with were all white.

You won't see me shame all of the homeless population however. Everyone has their different stories and grew up in different settings, and shame on me if I ever judge and despise a group based on racial or socioeconomic statuses.

12. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

Sucks right? 50 years ago you and your dad would have lynched him and raped his mother days ago.

1 person likes this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

nono and Master of 40 Acres, for the record, went straight to the garbage bin of D&D takes, FWIW. Was pretty classy thread until then. Nice work, gents, oh you gifts to our species.

And yeah, my statement stands. None of us know, via our internet on high, if dude is guilty. Say what you want, but the system will do the work and figure it out. Looks very bad for him now, I would agree.

His color or Quanel X (?) or any other bullcrap your mental issues bring to the topic are actually pretty irrelevant.

14. mtbrays

Supporting Member

*throws a piece of red meat into the D&D, luring RocketsLegend back into his cave*

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Not necessarily. He could have found them somewhere - after all he was homeless and living on the street. Homeless people pick up stuff. I am having a hard time buying into the APD presser. Once they said the words "6 foot tall black male" I knew that they would be looking at most of East Austin. It too closely fits the typical "narrative" of "innocent" white girl being brutally assaulted and murdered by heineous "black male" predator story line. I sure hope they have some physical (or DNA) evidence to back all this up. If they took him in and forced a "confession" out of him, then it would mean that they may or may not have the right guy. We've seen this happen before here in Texas where they arrest, gain a confession and convict some poor guy only to have it fall apart years later.

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

Homeless people pick up stuff and rush to burn it all the time guys come on he's likely innocent.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't know that people who hate the American justice system and are in favor of a rush to judgment without knowing all the facts, and so firmly believe in rushing to judgment without knowing the facts that they try and belittle others who don't rush to judgment posted on here.

18. mtbrays

Supporting Member

I could also be the Prince of Wales posting behind this moniker. Just to be safe, please address me as "Your Highness" from now on.

19. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

The fact that that racist **** is allowed here is a bad look for this board.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I won't know how to feel about this until Microsoft's Tay tweet bot weighs in.