1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Harden break the record for turnovers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Mar 5, 2016.

?

Will Harden break the turnovers record for a regular NBA season?

1. Yes - He will blow it out

108 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. Yes - But it'll be close

70 vote(s)
    30.7%
  3. No

50 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not even half time and already 5 more Harden turnovers, he may blow this thing apart

Harden now sits at 362 turnovers, 4 more to tie the record and 5 more to be the sole owner

Will he do it tonight? LOL

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Might as well just get it over with. Doesn't really affect wins or losses anyways.

3. Mr. Clutch

Losing the game on a turnover seems fitting.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

Ah, so you were proven wrong. You said turnovers don't affect wins or losses one post earlier

5. Mr. Clutch

I guess so.

I went back last year and saw that high turnover games weren't correlated with losses. I guess I was wrong. Perhaps my sample size was too small.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden has two turnover types that just drive me nuts that can't be explained away by his high usage rate.

How many times does he dribble off his leg when he goes behind the back on the perimeter? I see him lose the ball once or twice a game doing that.

And likewise, he gets stripped heading to the hole a lot. One time tonight off his leg, another time by Dirk. I mean, Dirk???? Harden was showing that ball and Dirk saw it coming a mile away.

Harden has to pull that ball in - he's way too used to trying to draw contact by sticking the ball out.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Where is he now? He has 4 games to go.

DD

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

363? If so, 3 to tie, 4 to pass. So, next game.

Sets turnover record in a playoff game
    Follows that up by leading the league in turnovers and setting another record.
    :eek::eek::eek:

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Record breaking season coming up! We goin Sizzler, we goin Sizzler.

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Maybe having him handle the ball so much is not such a good idea...his playing style lends itself to TOs: relying on fouls, antics to get to the line, driving into the lane with the intention of getting fouled and not finishing the play, body size. These late 4th quarters with us desperately wanting the ball in Harden's hands, letting him go iso and just take so many precious seconds off the clock is sickening. Game after game after game..this is not just on Harden, but he needs to work on his handling, passing and change his ways. It's getting beyond embarrassing. Worst of all because he doesn't need it. He get legitimately fouled when he takes it hard to the basket, so stop looking for fouls with throwing your hands up and all that!

11. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

What kills us the most about his turnovers is that they are usually at the top of the key. I wonder if it's worth having him do a few of his isos on on side or the other, at least if he turns it over there we have a chance to get back.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

These are the worst kind of turnovers. They are the live ball turnovers.

I used to cringe every time Jerry Lin used to do this, jump in the air and throw a pass to the other team so they run down the court and score.

Harden does the same kind of live ball turnovers but at the top of the key trying to split two defenders and throw it to the big's feet

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets should shut Harden down for the rest of the season so he doesn't break this record.

14. basketballholic

No. Harden needs to break this record, bust through it good and proper. So he can stare at it the rest of his career and be reminded how important it is to take care of the ball. Perhaps it might force him to change his game and become more risk sensitive.

This brand of Harden is not going to win a ring. Period. I don't care how many monster stats he puts up. He's not going to win a championship playing this way.

15. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

I see it on basketball reference going back to before then -

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gilmoar01.html

The record was set in 77 though, so Harden's breaking a 40 year old record. #proud

16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

3 tonight so that means he tied the record? I hope the Rockets don't inactivate Harden for the last 3 games so he can go in #Pursuit of the record.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

18. Mr. Clutch

Only 3 tonight. Wow, I'm impressed.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3 games to go

1 TO to achieve that new RECORD

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Now that it's over, they can rest him the final 3 games; go down tied in the record book. :)