1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Skip Bayless] "I do not want my Spurs to face the Rockets in the 1st round"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Motiejunas, Mar 28, 2016.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I just don't think we are that good anymore despite the "same" people as last year

the style we play have not effective this year, not even against bad teams. Good teams have a field day with our offense and defense.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Nope he is a very respected poster on this site for more then a decade.

And you sir have a really Really cool name of YOLO.

1 person likes this.
  3. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

Am I pretty down on the rockets this season? Yes. Would I pick us to win against gs, sa, or okc? No. BUT if I'm those 3 teams houston is the team I least want to face. Yes we've looked bad most of the year but we have the talent to beat anyone if we play well. Yes that's a huge if, but we're way more experience and scary than any of the other teams now in the lower half of the standings.

4. amaru

amaru Member

Lol nobody is scared of the Houston Rockets. They suck and collapse when it matters most.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats great. and now back to real news in basketball..

6. dianelo

dianelo Member

Danny Green, who shot 33% from 3 this season, shot over 70% against the Rockets.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Skip: Houston is becoming very dangerous at the bottom of the Western Conference. As a Spurs supporter, I do not want to see my Spurs deal with Harden. Beasley is turning back into Michael Beasley. And on any given night, Harden can go 5-7 in the 4th and score 18 points like last night. 18 was just too much.

8. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Even though JB seems to do everything in his power to make us lose I think he is starting to comprehend rotations. Beasley and Kj are good and should close out games(maybe not Kj so much) but he seems to actually get it now

I think we could upset anyone in the playoffs. Playoff Dwight?

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Would you take this abomination of a season if it meant that we upset the Warriors in the 1st round? I would, it would be the single most humiliating moment in NBA history if the Warriors lost to us in the 1st round. I wouldn't even care if we lost in the 2nd round.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so this is what it boils down to at this point? :grin: good luck with that.

11. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Would be quite magical if the Rockets upset the warriors this season. Could you imagine - ESPN would go black for 5 months.

12. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Our 30 for 30 is gonna be so dope after we win the championship this year

The United Nations are gonna have to form a binding resolution to keep us from ****ing these teams up in the playoffs

I literally can't ****ing wait I'm so excited

13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Reality is as long as Harden is on the floor you have a chance to win.

14. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Bro, if you think things are over then why are you even here? And, your "corner" references are getting a bit stupid. Your repeated reference to the idiom makes you look more unimpressive than your impression of my post. I'm an optimist, there are many here. This team still has most of the talent it had late last season and I do believe that the lack of motivation has been their achilles heel. ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs. We won a championship from the 6th seed. Only a few years ago the Rockets dropped 23 3 pointers on the Dubs and beat them by 31. This is the NBA homey, it's not predictable and anything CAN happen. Here's one for you... "That's why they play the games". Do you know what that means?

15. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Does a bear shyte in the woods. I would love that.

16. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

They'd call it a fluke (rightfully so). Rockets hate would be at an all-time high. Steph Curry would go on Suicide Watch.

17. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Rockets are dangerous team when they don't play terry and brewer

18. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I said on Friday the Rockets are the extremely dangerous X Factor IF make playoffs. Stephen A disagreed. Just won 4th q 38-28 to beat OKC.</p>&mdash; Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/716752173808361473">April 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I think us rockets fans know the "turned a corner after a big win" line way too well. Skip and his mongrels don't do their homework.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Rockets would get smacked by the Warriors or Spurs (their likely opponent).

They'd have an outside shot against OKC because of matchups, Harden always obliterating them, and OKC's consistently terrible play in the 4th quarter.