1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire Bickerstaff Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Nov 18, 2015.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

FIRE MOREY!!!

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

They're paying McHale 4 million per year to sit at home. And no one worth a damn was going to just step in 11 games into the season, looking like he was waiting in the wings for McHale to get canned.

Thankfully the JBB experiment should be over soon. He was pupil to a do-nothing, teach-nothing coach, and he's far too loyal to Brewer. His rotations? Ugh.

But we were stuck with him this year, the KD NEXT YEAR season.

3. houtown

houtown Member

I got league pass, and I most of the time watch the opponents broadcast, that is how disappointed I Am with this organization.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think because McHale emphasized on just playing hard. It was his thing.

Also, McHale never blamed himself. I think it became one of those psyche things. After every bad loss he'd just basically throw the players under the bus for not giving effort, you are going to have to really dig to find a "Coaches needed to coach better." line out of him.

McHale always had this post game attitude of "F if I know what happened out there, those guys didn't play hard enough."

The guy was terrible at Xs and Os and strategy but I did think that outside of the start of this season his no excuses mentality rubbed off on them.

Wasn't a big fan of Mchale but I really don't think the season is THIS bad if he's here. I think we hover around 4-5 seed with him.

5. houtown

houtown Member

I possibly said, that despite possible McHale's obvious faults, they might have played hard for him regardless despite his faults during the last season time.

6. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

can we just have no coach? is there a rule that you need to have a coach?

I mean seriously how is this guy even an NBA coach, a 5 year old could draw up better plays than this guy

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I never liked McHale either, but on the other side of him not blaming himself was the fact that he never took credit. His approach seemed to be that it was up to the players to figure it out.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

is he fired yet? its one thing to stick with your vets towards the end of the season since you just became interim head coach. but its another thing when you're interim hc and stick with your savvy vets when they aitn doing ****, and refuse to play anyone else. so i ask, is he fired yet? probably yes cuz morey thinks we're gonna be at eam no one wants to face in the playoffs

9. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Stephen a smith, "I think bickerstaff has don't a pretty good job and should be considered for next year. He's been able to keep them around .500"

This statement has made me lose all respect for smith

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

as if you needed an excuse? :grin:

11. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Except James Harden has done more to keep this team around .500. Bickerstaff has done everything in his power to put this team below .500. Sad

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

warm it up cheke

13. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

get this egghead ****er out of town

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

J.B. can't expect to play Harden the whole 2nd and not have him be tired. J.B. got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and getting too greedy. Undisciplined, immature coach who shouldn't be in this position. Morey and Les wanted a lackey coach that they didn't have to pay...these are the results.

15. Drogba

Drogba Member

I've genuinely lost count of the amount of games he's single-handedly cost us. This game was in the bag.

16. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Terry and Brewer should not be playing period!

Harden has played the entire second half.

17. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Either fire him or cut brewer so he can't play him.

Better yet, just go ahead and do both.

18. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

So many with his stupid line up changes! Then he waits until the lead is all gone when it's too late! :mad:

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Hopefully Bickerstaff doesn't ever get a head coaching gig in the league. More deserving coaches out there who didn't ahead by nepotism.

20. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Finch should have gotten the chance.