1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Nostalgia] T-Mac 04-05

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 31, 2016.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I don't post much in the GARM, but I came across this today. I kinda miss these days of watching that 2004-2005 Rockets team. They were so fun to watch, and this current team pales in comparison. I know they never won anything, but from a sheer entertainment perspective, it was definitely fun watching Mac and Yao do their thing.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KwazFVdTcGg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It was a wonderful time to be alive.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Started watching the Rockets in early 90s. Since then their have been two players that made me tune in just based on the sheer entertainment and excitement they would bring to the games. No matter how bad or good the teams were, I would look forward to every game just to see what these two players would do. Hakeem and Tmac.

4. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

What a player. Injuries really took his game away, and he always elevate his game in the playoffs.

Similar feel with Harden in terms of production as a Rocket. Both exciting in different ways

5. Mr Chuck Norris

God he was so good....

6. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Tmac, Yao and Hakeem, my top three Rockets.

7. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Good old days, great memories! **** the haters.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

McGrady and Hakeem in the same sentence?

In before you know who comes in here to spam you guys with bull**** rhetoric/old hip-hop references/dumb posters of 90's movies/lame YouTube vids.

Better prep yourself brosephs.

1 person likes this.
  9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

T-mac was arguably the best player in the Southwest division in that 2004-2005. A division that featured Prime-Duncan, Prime-Dirk and a very skilled Pau Gasol.

The future with T-Mac and Yao was so, so bright in that time! Both 24(ish) and were in the cusp of their careers. Their games matched so well!

It was my first year of watching the whole Rockets season, every single game. 10 year old me absorbed every little thing about that season. I could recite every stat from pretty much all the players.

Sucks what really happened to them and those times. But so grateful for experience the excitement!

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Damn, I miss when the jerseys were loose like they were back then. It made T-mac's movements look amazing, graceful even!

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I forgot how good he was. Recency bias got me thinking too much about post bum knee Tracy. :(

13. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

His game was so smooth. Wish we could've made at least one deep playoff run with him. He always elevated his game on the big stage but it never translated to anything substantial.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I came into this thread skeptical, but I forgot how aesthetic his game was. No where near as efficient as Harden but he put on a show I'll give him that.

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

As a 9 year old kid I never fully appreciated the greatness of T-Mac most of my recollection was the later years of missed time and linging injuries. I feel like he is underrated by most people for that reason, if it wouldn't have ended the way it did he would be remember as the freak he was.

16. Marteen

Marteen Member

Great player, freak of nature. The craziest thing is that Harden is already better than McGrady ever was. It's hard for me to accept that since McGrady was one of my heroes, but the stats don't lie. If there's one thing I wish Harden would do is take care of the ball more and take over games like McGrady once did. McGrady taking over games was truly special.

1 person likes this.
  17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

God I wish we could've had Morey already as the GM when McGrady came over.

He would've moved heaven and earth to allow McGrady to ball in the Playoffs without Luther Head as a teammate getting huge minutes.

God he was ridiculously good.

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Sorry, but no.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

stats, team accomplishments, mvp voting, might disagree with you

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Repped.

McGrady was a great player for the very few games he played with us.

But he ain't as durable and reliable as Harden. No matter how much I dislike Harden's defense, choice of talentless women, bad rap music, you can't deny his stats and accomplishments.