1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did you drink the kool-aid too?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Mar 17, 2016.

1. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I did. I thought this team may have turned a corner with the addition of Beasley and the spark he seems to give the 2nd unit. But never-mind. This team is still a defensive joke on a nightly basis.

I saw Harden jump on D-MO early in the game because he failed to get back on defense and his man got an easy lay-up. Harden seemed pissed and I said to myself damn if Harden is focused on defense like this maybe this team is finally getting it and will now show a consistent focus and effort on the defensive end. Two possessions later Harden is ball watching and his man back doors him for an easy lay up.

Don't fall for the company line quotes written in articles describing how this team that we all know is full of talent now has it together and is ready to make a playoff run. These are lies. This team is fatally flawed and we should be focused on a tear down and rebuild effort that starts from the top.

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Yeah you're a "trufan"

3. 1Deep

1Deep Member

yeah..keep those blinders on bro..we can win it all this year! Defense is so overrated

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's just one game. we'll turn the corner. stay calm. nobody wants to see us in the playoffs.

5. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

It's just a lack of focus... Focus and intensity is the difference.

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

the team has played like that all year, they are very erratic. They stopped fooling me since the beginning of the year.

7. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

That is funny. I think I have said this exact thing 34 times this season.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I pretty much stopped with the kool-aid around 97 :)... Okay maybe that's not fair 99?? Haha, anyway though, I'd say actually with this season it was about a month in, and about the time McHale was gone (replaced by worse coach/no rotations). Then I knew season was a bust. If we could get a do-over I'd almost prefer tanking instead of wasting Harden on garbage ball. At least then can re-up next year with coach/draft/FAs.

Hey at this point maybe coach/FA's will be good enough, I sure hope so or we'll he rebuilding a lot sooner than expected. Also on a do-over just stick with McHale, I mean sure he wasn't great but with what I've seen of JBB he would probably have lost to Dallas last year (if they even drew Dallas), hahah. He's basically married to Brewer, I mean he rewards the guy with too many minutes.

9. basketballholic

Put it in your signature as a quote from said poster. More effective and saves you the hassle.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I was going gorilla monkey smash mode when the preseason started. I could not believe my eyes. How horrible we looked, I was bashed by the majority here and even neg-repped. My message is simple to you brahs, don't ever let people tell you what you can and can't do.

11. OpenLayup-Why3?

I don't recall. What minute of the game it happened? Gotta download and re-watch.

12. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I think it was the Clips second possession..very early in the game.

13. DreamEarlNolan

I think the Rockets switch to much on defense. They basically switch on everything which often leads to miss matches. How many times last night did I see Howard out at the three point line chasing Paul around? Now your best rebounder is out on the perimeter and you have mismatches at several positions on the court. The Rockets doubling and trapping guards also never seems to work. The other team always pass out of the double team and leave the Rockets playing three on four defense. The Rockets defense seems to be very dependent on how they are doing on offense. When the three point shots are falling, there are less break outs and fast breaks which helps the overall defense. On nights when they can't throw it in the ocean like last night, the defense suffers. I know the Rockets have lapses and lack effort at times, but I think their system and coaching hurts them more than anything.

14. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

get out of here then! This forum is for real Houston Rocket fans, real fans never stop believing until a champ is crowned!

15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Listen you should nvr give up. No question but until this team starts playing defensive there is no reason we are any different than a borderline playoff team.

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Nah, we got this. Waiting for the playoffs to shock the other teams. It's all just part of the plan.

17. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I am just joshin you man, I gave up on this team in early January. They suck, easily the most disappointing season of Rockets basketball I can ever recall.

At this point I hope we miss the playoffs, cause we honestly have a much better chance of winning the draft lottery as best record not in the playoffs than we do at even advancing a round in the playoffs.

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He's a Tru Warier

19. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I just don't understand how you can have one of the all time great defensive minded centers..a very good defensive minded small forward..and a PG known for his defense all in your starting 5 yet completely suck at stopping anyone.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Is the Kool Aid A1 flavored?