1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels is NOT good.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Mar 16, 2016.

1. buffalobills!!!

forgot Thorton

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i dont think he'll beocme magically good player if he gets consistent minutes. im saying the rockets should've gave him a fair chance to prove himself. they didnt, and now decided to play him in the most competitive stretch of the regular season. thats not smart

but still, with brewer sucking and rockets desperate for defense, i'd still keep playing him. just do it in short spurts and when he's hot leave him in there. not much he cna do to hurt the team if he just plays defense and stands at the 3pt line.

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

but KJ is good against D-league teams like the Grizzlies and can dunk!:rolleyes:

4. alethios

alethios Member

For some reason, JB only puts him in with Beasley (recently). He needs some time being substituted in with the starters.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is an example of a post of someone who's stumped. No real reply just bull**** and a little snide attack in there but nothing of real substance. Like I said you've never played ball a day in your life and it shows. You just know some of the guys on here are non athletic fats who think they know something about sports from just watching, lol. I have no idea what I'm talking about from a guy who thinks we can develop someone without giving them playing time LMAO.

6. OpenLayup-Why3?

KJ can't shoot. He runs very slow with the ball. He can't play 1 on 1. All he can do is jump high in the air. Of course he's not good.
    But Dekker is even worse. Last time I watch him play, it was preseason. He looked like he wasn't even good for D-league.
    I doubt these 2 will be in rotation even next year.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This, and I'm shocked anybody believes otherwise given the alternatives. Even if he falls flat on his face, he's not doing any worse than Brewer, so why not?

1 person likes this.
  8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Holy s***! Are people in denial that defense is the main reason why we're not good? KJ McDaniels can help improve the defense and is a true greyhound on the court. How the hell are people lobbying for more Corey Sewer playing time?

9. Moahst

Moahst Member

He's really good in NBA 2K though. Shouldn't that count for something?

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I agree somehow people think brewer plays good d. Him and Beverly and ariza were gambling constantly last night. Add James Harden to that list for the entire season you would think the coaching staff would tell them to stop doing it by now. Kj play s solid d and made couple of mistakes but somehow that makes him worse than brewer who has been a negative all year.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Nick Johnson was also been praised about how high he can jump and dunk the ball and hence people are widely regarded him as a good defender.

KJ is just his twin brother whose several inches higher.

Just because other people suck doesn't automatically make you good at something.

If you are comparing him to Harden, of course he is a better defender, but does he really have the rights to compare with Harden on offense contribution?

LOL

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The point is...people want to see others given chances when the alternatives are already actively hurting the team on a consistent basis.

I don't think anybody thinks KJ McDaniels is destined to be a stud, but better than Brewer? Entirely possible. Surely higher upside. Why not, in a completely lost season, give it a shot?

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Well, Brewer had been playing like shlt this season, there is no other way to go around it.

However, it is also a fact that he was one of the keys for the Rox miracle run last season and even lately he had some very solid game at least offensive.

So overall he is still below average but you have some fantasy or hopes that in some games he will give you something you needed, and hopefully this is one of those games.

That's the scenario we are facing.

While on the other hand, KJ since his day 1 in here, has show ZERO offensive abilities at all and more than often, after he hit a shot, he started to believe he can take over the game and started making bad decisions on the floor also, this can bee seen on many games he played whether its meaningful minutes or garbage time.

Its like the situation last year with Canaan and Nick, is Jason Terry really that good of a NBA backup PG?

Hell no, Terry sucks also, but at least his offensive contribution in a good day is a little bit of consistence than the other 2, hence the choice is easy and obvious.

1 person likes this.
  14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Also don't forget a point, this could be a completely lost season for the fans,

but NOT so far for JB.

The man has no tomorrow here if his team will keep sucking.

Hence you can actually see that he is over using Harden and Dwight now, which if its still under McHale, this will never happen.

JB doesn't give a fork about if Harden will het hurt or Dwight's feeling if the team will suck, his first priority is to keep his job here next year,

and the scoreboard is the most important thing to him now.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well KJ hasn't gotten much playing time but he's still better than Brewer most of the time. With proper playing time he could be a very solid rotation player.....but JBB is the coach so that probably won't happen.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Maybe it's you who is really good at NBA 2K.

17. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Morey's never played bball, and he's the biggest bball genius EVER!!!!!!!!!!

18. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

How do we know the coaches are opposed to them gambling all the time. As I recall, during the offseason between the Portland series and last year, JB "masterminded" some new defensive scheme that got him some praise from McHale and others. A large part of this scheme was getting hands on balls and being disruptive in the backcourt. This style also suits some of the players Morey has been collecting - Brewer, KJ, etc. We also lead the league in steals. Maybe gambling is the plan? I'm not saying it's the right plan though.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I've said this before that a lot of what people blame on the players is by design. And think for Morey s part getting guys who could steal may be something he thought was a good idea but he didn't understand how they steal and how their gambling causes big lapses in defense.

20. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I recall similar threads about Cannan and McDaniels and neither have done much since they left despite the somewhat split opinions at the time they were with the Rockets.
    Personally I'm a fan of KJ and think he has a lot of potential.
    I just haven't been a fan of how or when he has been used. But I can also say that about half the Rockets players given some of the obscure rotations by JB.
    I think he should be getting minutes more regularly than he has, but sparingly and depending on the situations. If we want to develop him, we need to give him more experience.
    Plus if he doesn't pan out, we'll know that quicker and can trade him. You won't know that unless you play him.