1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Fires Fegan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 26, 2016.

1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

I think it is right move for Howard. Fegan is probably the one want Howard out of Houston to chase after a max contract. I believe Howard wants to win more than getting more money.

2. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

4 years 80 mil here we come!

But seriously, if we change our philosophy to not taking as many 3s in the half court, I would love Dwight back. He can anchor a half court D. But he can't run back on transition (long missed 3s lead to transition for other team, which is our Achilles heel this year). A Dmo type center who doesn't crash boards, but rather runs back quick fits that mole a lot better (How's Horford's transition D?), hence the success last year without Dwight.

But regardless, Rockets need play makers besides Harden. If we do re-sign Dwight, we must sign another stud playmaker or multiple decent ones who cost less.

3. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I hope he signs with Hardens agent, and that he convinces him to stay in Houston for a fair deal.

5. CertifiedTroll

Looking for two for trials of osiris. Have flawless emblem or I will kick you from party.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It'll be interesting to see how Fegan counters publicly. I don't see him taking the high road. I'm sure we'll get something juicy (more unnecessary drama), but if it's coming from an agent there's no way to tell if it's spin or truth.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Damn. Biggest news of the day. This really shows how much Fegan was ruining his rep.

8. Ranny

Ranny Member

This guy is not going anywhere, 22 mil a year and he retires a Rocket!!

1 person likes this.
  9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Still dont get how it benefitted Dwight back then to have a deal where the Rockets had to let Parsons out of his contract early in order to sign Dwight

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It didn't benefit him.

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. Nook

Nook Member

The other more Machiavellian possibility is that Fegan didn't get Howard moved at the deadline and that was the last straw.

13. omgTHEpotential

That would be a stupid move. What kind of message would that send to new potential clients?

14. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

Daaaaaamn Daniel

2 people like this.
  15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

So Fegan was obviously looking out for himself and against Dwight? What a scumbag (although it was great for Parsons)

16. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I really hope this means he stay in Houston

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Wouldn't put much stock in it. Dwight still wont be back. Probably upset his agent couldn't get him a trade?

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dwight fired a good agent!

Best of luck to Dwight & his new agent.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I know Amick has said that Dwight's financial goals are very real and that he still seems himself as a centerpiece type player, so like I said, I am not convinced at all this is because he will take a discount to stay.

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Absolutely correct. Fegan's agency does not need any more evidence out there that they look after other interests before that of their clients after the Deandre fiasco.