1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale says Dwight Howard gets over losses easily

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Feb 19, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol you mention Westbrook... his brother is lazy Harden you remember?

You will miss Dwight when he is gone. It is obvious. For quite some time.

2. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

Being angry and despondent after losses is a common "flaw" among people who are naturally competitive. But if a player gives 100.0% effort on the court, then it doesn't matter how quickly he gets over losses.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, I won't because he is not a difference maker.

DD

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with this. And I loved the interview, I love McHale's sense of humor. I'm glad he's come out of hiding and is discussing the team's troubles in public.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

QFT! And it is magnified because the Rockets NEED that quickness to make up for the loss of step from defensive role players Ariza and Beverley, not to mention all of Harden's problems there. It all adds up.

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Perhaps you're right, but I don't think Harden even cares what people think of him. He just wants to live that life.

7. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

All you do is complain, seriously.

Please, enlighten us on what moves you would make to improve the overall state of the team? Since, you are indeed in favor of firing Morey and bringing in some magical GM out of thin air.

Who do you replace him with?

You are seriously blaming the guy who has worked his a** off to bring two stars to the team (one being James Harden, one of the best SG in the game, if not the best) and yet... it's not enough?

For one second, just think about the strategy he is implementing. He isn't, he didn't trade Howard because guess what... it might have hurt the team... you ever think about that?

No matter the situation with Howards contract, think about the cap, flexibility, picks Morey will have at his disposal in the offseason. That will really be where we see him take a leap forward or lose his job.

The core group of guys might actually start gelling now. This is the team for the remainder of the season barring a pickup. Have some faith that maybe Howard, Harden start clicking. Josh Smith finds his sweet spot, role. T Jones starts performing up to the level we think he can. Lawson can find his Denver touch.

Be calm.

8. ibm

ibm Member

agreed. 100%.

9. ibm

ibm Member

also agree to this.

and natural leaders dont get over losses easily.

dwight doesnt possess leadership. nor does harden. and that's our problem.

harden also seem to shrug off losses rather easily.

10. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Kobe was so right about Howard.

11. malakas

malakas Member

I thought that profesional bball players should have very short memories to be able to move on from losses and refocus.
    Anyway that's NOTHING. Dwight works hard on and off the court. Ok he laughs. It gets on my nerves, but so what. That's not a character flaw.
    Other players are lazy workers and don't train or give 100% effort in the playoffs like Dwigth does.

12. coweye

coweye Member

For me the most important part is the effort and as McHale said Dwight is giving 100% every game. If that doesn't encourage teamates to do the same then nothing will. This is the problem with this team...not everybody is giving and showing 100% effort and i am thankful that Dwight isn't one of them.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I thought this was the true way to go? Get over the loss and look towards the next game? What am I missing?

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Interesting interview from McHale. A little sobering to read about Dwight's physical limitations in such specificity. :(

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

McHale needed to be fired so that the Rockets could figure out he was not the problem. I can only imagine what the GARM would be like if he was still here.

16. Raven

Raven Member

Oh yeah, there's definitely some salt.

:p

17. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

What pisses me off is Dwight's TV show on Root Sports. Could you see Kobe, JJ Watt, or any other high level athlete shooting a television show during the season? It's clear that he sees himself as more of an entertainer than a competitor.

Maybe if he was pissed off more he wouldn't be so quick to explode and pickup silly technical fouls. Like Bruce Banner said, "My secret? I'm always angry."

18. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

McHale is coming off as a bitter lil-B

He's getting mad, and Howard's getting rich.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Would Howard going to Boston, vault Boston into the CLE/TOR level?

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Might be a family trait going back generations when such an attitude saved your life in the heat of oppression. Happy Black History month.